JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many people shoot revolvers worse than semiautos, especially in DA. Including me. I love my revolvers, but they aren't part of the EDC rotation. I prefer the ease of 15+ rounds with a lighter more predictable trigger. I also prefer the ability to carry extra mags instead of speed loaders, which I'm not all that "speedy" with.

6-7 shots isn't enough for me. Of course YMMV and good on you if it works with your EDC system.

All that said, I don't think I need 6 reasons or really even one reason to own and appreciate a nice wheel gun. :)

I'm a Glock guy (although I love me some Berettas!) not because it's "Glock", but because they're proven to "just work" and they're ubiquitous.

Having said that, I love my .357 SP101, GP100, and S&W Highway Patrolman.

My GP100 is my preferred woods carry (cowboy style) to counter 4-legged threats, and I may also randomly shoulder carry my G19.4 or G43X in tandem with cowboy carry under my jacket for the 2-legged threats.

0F6F1455-2ABE-48D0-920D-3270172D1940.jpeg C92A1A7B-AD3A-4E89-BC02-0357809A7603.jpeg C7FB175F-AEC4-4798-84A7-9F55AA92F22B.jpeg

I agree use what you like and also understand their limitations. If revolvers were an advantage in combat the military would still be issuing them as the sidearm for infantry and jsoc.
Here are some thoughts....

Not all firearms need to judged on their "combat worthiness".
Some folks think of their firearms as more than a defensive item...or not even as one at all.
Not everyone needs or wants to use what the Infantry and "jsoc" uses.
I am one of those folks....and I actually do have a Infantry background and combat experience.

With all that said....
Enjoy your firearms , use them safely and use the ones you like.
Andy

Last Edited:

Some folks think of their firearms as more than a defensive item...or not even as one at all.
I am one of those folks....and I actually do have a Infantry background and combat experience.

With all that said....
Andy

Libertarian unto death, man! :s0069:

With all that said....
Andy
Completely agree. We all have different tastes in firearms, and different uses for those firearms.

I know I've used this example before, but I have a friend who is a hunter extraordinaire. His purpose for a gun is hunting, and if it's not a hunting tool, it's junk, to him. I learned a long time ago to not bother showing him any of my surplus rifle collection, as he has no appreciation.

Others need all the latest ARs and a big pile of loaded mags, and couldn't care less about hunting rifles. Others compete, and need race guns. For others still it's all about ccws. If it's not useful for carrying concealed, it's just no good at all.

And then there are weirdos like myself. I don't hunt, operate, compete, or carry. I just enjoy tinkering with and shooting guns of all types. I like Glocks and 1911s, ARs and flintlocks, S&W model 29s and 1851 Colts, just to name a few. :)

Curious, what is the problem with your 686?
It went back but they couldn't find anything wrong. After shooting a couple cylinders worth it starts to lock up still. You open the cylinder and reseat and it works for a a few then has the issue again. I have 800 dollar paper weight until I send it to a competent smith I guess.

0CB21142-1811-4CBA-A502-6E0064E43388.jpeg 57695D41-6659-4A3B-BA30-6951F3D5E8F5.jpeg

It went back but they couldn't find anything wrong. After shooting a couple cylinders worth it starts to lock up still. You open the cylinder and reseat and it works for a a few then has the issue again. I have 800 dollar paper weight until I send it to a competent smith I guess.

View attachment 1070339 View attachment 1070340
I know he's not local to you, but @Velzey would be a good choice to fix it. :)

Revolvers suck to clean. IMO most autos are way easier. I haven't cleaned my Glock 34 in well over 1500 rounds and it just keeps going. No way my GP100 could get even close to that and still be reliable. I think the idea that revolvers still have all these advantages over modern semi autos is a bit dated.

Just me, I like revolvers for open carry in the woods. I don't know of any autos more powerful or more accurate at range than my 44 Mag, or 41 Mag. The last Bowling pin match I shot I used my Glock 22 but didn't do as well as I have with my 1911. To be fair, when I got home and cleaned the Glock I found the front sight loose. Still and all I feel more confident with a 1911 than a glock. Maybe it's my age showing but I do like the nostalgia of carrying a "big iron on my hip".

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top