JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have any info on this 9x19 ammo? I think the triangle shape indicates Norinco ... but I'm not willing to bet anything on that thought.

20210110_202851[1].jpg.png

I have a large batch of old S&B that has a matching bullet and case. It has a heavy red lacquer sealant over the primer and on the bullet, leaving a nice red ring just above the case mouth. Some current production S&B does this too.

Sorry for the blurry photo!

20210110_234913.jpg

The first time I saw those, I was confused and thought it was some kind of Arabic or something. I felt silly when someone told me to turn the headstamp sideways and see if I could make out the Browning buck symbol!

It's actually good brass, some kind of dark chrome or something. I pick it up all the time too. I think a lot of people overlook because at first glance it looks like junk steel cases.

Well, I shot up the 45 S&B rounds I was given, all went bang. I used them for transition drills can't comment on the accuracy but it seems on par with most range ammo.

I'll be shooting the Norinco stuff tomorrow and give a report.

Well, I touched off about 60 of the Norinco ammo I have. It performs about what I'd expect from military loadings of 9mm NATO. Very similar point of impact and muzzle flip.

What was not expected was the soccer ball sized ball of fire coming out of the ends of my CZ P10F and G19 :s0007:

The muzzle flash was on par with my heavy Blue Dot loads shot in my .44 Magnum!

The burned powder smelled funny too ... not like any powder I've smelled before. Chalk it up the the Chi Com way of doing things I guess!

Last Edited:
I'Ve heard a lot about the chinese using over charged ammo for their pistols. Notoriously using 7.62 Tokarev in Mauser C96's and the like.

Wow, I touched off about 60 of the Norinco ammo I have. It performs about what I'd expect from military loadings of 9mm NATO. Very similar point of impact and muzzle flip.

What was not expected was the soccer ball sized ball of fire coming out of the ends of my CZ P10F and G19 :s0007:

The muzzle flash was on par with my heavy Blue Dot loads shot in my .44 Magnum!

The burned powder smelled funny too ... not like any powder I've smelled before. Chalk it up the the Chi Com way of doing things I guess!
I noticed an ammonia smell With a lot of the Chinese ammo I don't know if that's the powder or the primer or the Evil spirits. Maybe they figured out a way to make gun powder out of pig poo.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top