JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I suppose not coming off is a good thing. Are you shooting any high pressure calibers? Range rifles? Truck guns? The reason I ask is I couldn't turn the trifecta off when secure but it would fly off first shot. Now that I can loosen the ASR, I'm not so sure I want to shoot it lol.

Although not ideal, I suppose I could always ask SilCo to send me a direct thread mount and refund some of my money on muzzle devices (bastards weren't cheap). I'll take reliability over convenience any day of the week.

I would be willing to test your theory if you ever get to albany, my omega came with the 5/8 direct thread and asr mount, I have had nothing but love for my omega, I have 4 mounts and they all seem to work great for me, no looseness or wanting to come off.

If you ever make it down to albany we can go to the albany rifle and pistol range and try some different mounts with your can.

Well shoot, I would need 2 mounts in a direct thread configuration then. 1/2 and 5/8s. Forgot about that...still better than seeing your can fly off 30 yeards in front of the line and having to call a cold range to retrieve my $1100 investment. Smh.

The only calibers I've shot through my omega were .308, .300bo, and 5.56. With just one teeth gripping on ASR mount, I have had no troubles with it breaking loose or flying off my rifles.

What happens? Lol. I haven't shot this with the ASR. Didn't have a problem switching between uppers with the trifecta. Does it cease onto the mount? I had that happen to me twice. Once after running 200-250 300 blk and the other was 350-400 5.56. Both times the muzzle brakes spin off with the mount.

By the way tarster...I appreciate the offer. I'll save ur name and hit you up if I ever come out your way.
No problem. Btw did you use rocksett to secure your muzzle break onto your rifle? I have way to much of it if you want to use some, I have had really good use if I out it on and then use a heat gun to heat it up to 150 to 200 degrees for 15 minutes.

Thanks to your previous post about it, I do ;). After the 2nd time it happened I rocksett everything. Pretty interesting stuff. Glad I didn't use threadlocker, I was about to red everything. But after redoing 6 muzzles...man what a mess that would be.

Your welcome, I made that mistake and then picked up a bottle of rocksett... The 4oz bottle was the same price as the 2oz..yah..I got wayyy more than I need. Oh well. Glad I could help out.

What happens? Lol. I haven't shot this with the ASR. Didn't have a problem switching between uppers with the trifecta. Does it cease onto the mount? I had that happen to me twice. Once after running 200-250 300 blk and the other was 350-400 5.56. Both times the muzzle brakes spin off with the mount.

Heat expands, causing the muzzle device and asr mount to be virtually impossible to separate.

I had a similar problem with mine. Only mine was due to some of the "teeth" on the ASR mount being stripped. One time the mount locked up on the muzzle device and I had to remove it with the supplied spammer wrench, stripping the teeth in the process.
I called silencerco up. Told me to send in the mount and muzzle device, and they would send me a new set. Only took about 9 days for the whole process... that's why I love silencerco. I'm not the largest fan of the ASR mount system either, but I know silencerco will replace it with no questions if I ever have a problem with it again.

I have a omega as well has been a great can. I did need to use SilencerCo warranty and they were awesome! They will usually return your can next day air and they will often fix it within 24 hrs of receiving it. They replaced my asr and refinished it (cerakoted) in under 2 days.
I have seen a few different issues most seem to be operator error. But yes don't mix hot and cold it will get stuck. Also rocksett it a must! And if you ever need to remove you flash hider when using rocksett just soak it in water for 20 mins and use the correct tools to remove. ACC sells a great removal tool for the 3 prong flash hider.
Another issue I have seen is the asr not getting threaded all the way down on muzzle devises then if you turn the ring to clamp it down it will mess up the teeth then you got issues. Never shoot a silencer that is not fully threaded or locked the smallest imperfections can cause a baffle strike.

Old thread but I think it's funny that people believe yhm and keymo are "better".

SiCo ended up replacing the asr mount with an improved version and included replacements for all 6 of my mounts. Went with Keymo and never had an issue in 4 years. The DA mount is superior imo. If you need any asr muzzle devices or a mount, lmk. Theyre collecting dust.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top