JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else running into issues with this can? Specifically with the ASR mount.

First, after snugging and locking the ASR mount to the muzzle device there is a wobble (one of two sets of teeth only locking in)

Second, if I apply more force, then lock the ASR mount it will be nice and tight, but when I unlock the ASR mount and try to unscrew it off the muzzle device, the teeth are still active and doesn't come off unless I use the supplied wrench to get them off, which sometimes causes the muzzle device/brake to break free.

I have talked with Silencerco on the issue and they have send me multiple updated versions of the ASR mount, but the issue still persists. I do believe that this may be an issue with the ASR mount itself and not with the actual suppressor/silencer.

I had to send my can back to them because it kept loosening after a couple of shots. They fixed it and sent it back. It works fine now

I have no idea what they did to it. Works fine now.

When I called their customer service they told me there might have been an assembly issue with the locking ring. They sent a shipping label, I sent it to them, they fixed it and sent it back to me.

Mine seemed to lock up fine, but would work loose after a few shots. Tried it on two different mounts with the same result. Silencerco fixed the problem under warranty.

so I have never had the issue with it not quite locking up, but I have had it when I shoot it a bunch and try to take it off warm it puts up a serious fit to coming off, and the first few times it took my muzzle break off, then I got some rocksett ( btw if you want some I have a ton) put a liberal amount of rocksett onto it, and then I heated it up to about 250 degrees for 15 minutes with a heat gun and that set the muzzle break... I have not had a issue since..

Since you have replaced the asr mount 3 times... have you looked at the muzzle device?? or have you tried it on another one?? I have a omega and if we were to meet up we could play around with them. swap asr mounts and muzzle breaks to test things out.

so I have never had the issue with it not quite locking up, but I have had it when I shoot it a bunch and try to take it off warm it puts up a serious fit to coming off, and the first few times it took my muzzle break off, then I got some rocksett ( btw if you want some I have a ton) put a liberal amount of rocksett onto it, and then I heated it up to about 250 degrees for 15 minutes with a heat gun and that set the muzzle break... I have not had a issue since..

Since you have replaced the asr mount 3 times... have you looked at the muzzle device?? or have you tried it on another one?? I have a omega and if we were to meet up we could play around with them. swap asr mounts and muzzle breaks to test things out.

I have 3 separate muzzle devices, 2 flash hiders, one for the 308 bolt gun and 5.56 ar. And the third is my muzzle brake on my 300 blackout. It happens to all of the mounts.

Did you ever figure out a fix for this? I see some people have been bending the "commas" on the locking ring that have the teeth pads that engage the teeth on the mounts to provide more compression when turning the lock ring. I've yet to try this on mine to great extent. I will in the A.M. Silencerco already sent me an ASR mount and 6 muzzle devices to replace all my trifecta POS's. Had nothing but problems with mine. Flew off 4 different mounts, couldnt get it off after a mag or 2, etc. Just not impressed with the reliability of the design. Looked great and sounded awesome. Experience proved otherwise.

Nope no fix. I went through 3 different ASR mounts and 6 total muzzle devices. I still have play when its locking but I don't bother screwing the can on tight anymore. Snug and turn the locking ring and left it at that (only 1 set of teeth engages). Haven't had any come loose on me. So I guess that's that.

Silencerco customer service is awesome though. But with this issue i'll be going for a better system like YHM. Especially for an under the handguard silencer.

Well I suppose not coming off is a good thing. Are you shooting any high pressure calibers? Range rifles? Truck guns? The reason I ask is I couldn't turn the trifecta off when secure but it would fly off first shot. Now that I can loosen the ASR, I'm not so sure I want to shoot it lol.

Although not ideal, I suppose I could always ask SilCo to send me a direct thread mount and refund some of my money on muzzle devices (bastards weren't cheap). I'll take reliability over convenience any day of the week.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top