JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey All-

I have a friend with W German sig 226 that has a extra feature at the end of the takedown lever, on the right side of the frame. For some reason instead of being flat like others it has a machined “button” protruding from the end. I have tried to do some searching but have not seen another like it or a part number for it. Does anyone know what it is for or do they have one like it?

Thanks for the help; it is just one of those mysteries in life that is bugging me right now.

IMG_0706.jpg

ElkFish:s0155:

IMG_0706.jpg

... if not, then it might be a LaserMax laser sight on/off switch.
The LaserMax replaced the recoil guide rod/spring with their own design.

The takedown lever (on the left side of the frame) will have a teeny button for 'on'; and the right hand side is the 'off' button.

Dissassemble the P226, remove the slide; remove the recoil spring/guide rod assembly. Is that a laser?

:)

I was able to finally take another look and it does not move the lever laterally at all. In fact it is very solid. No switches or buttons to make it for a laser. Do you think it was to interact with a retention holster or device of some type. I'm stumped. I see no marks on it identifying a maker either.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top