JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Never owned a 22WMR before. Are duds common?
Ive rarely if ever had this happen with 22LR and have always been able to rehit them to fire. Not these 2...

Now what do I do with them? Are they safe?

0212231419_cropped.jpg

When I restrike a rimfire, I do it 180°off of the first hit and it usually works fine. Sometimes you get a dead spot in the rim priming compound. If they won't go after a couple strong, spaced hits, dispose of them as you would questionable center fire ammo

As for reliability, it's a rimfire. Reliability isn't what they're known for as a species

Looks like I count 7 strikes between the 2 of them. I can't say that I've ever had one not fire on a second try.

Are they safe...sure since they didn't fire.... :D
Are they safe as in not gonna blow up or the like ...again sure.
Just like Milk Duds....kinda bland and meh,...but not gonna explode with flavor...LOL

In any event as noted above...rimfire ammo ain't the most reliable.
And this coming from me...a guy who likes both the .22 LR and .22 WMR as much as he like muzzle loading firearms.
Andy

When I restrike a rimfire, I do it 180°off of the first hit and it usually works fine. Sometimes you get a dead spot in the rim priming compound. If they won't go after a couple strong, spaced hits, dispose of them as you would questionable center fire ammo

As for reliability, it's a rimfire. Reliability isn't what they're known for as a species
if these are safe to store I will be more careful about rotating them 180deg next range session. As for reliability, Ive had this with 22LR but its been very rare for me over hundreds of bricks of 22. Today was my first time with WMR, between 4 brands of ammo 2 brands had this, but these two refused to send. These two are 40g CCI Maxi Mag, the ones that come in a cute little milk carton.

How do you dispose of questionable ammo?

If I recall the term "bite the bullet" is from urban lore where back in the day before anethstesia if paitients needed to be operated on or cut open or amputated.... they would put a rimfire in their teeth and if they couldnt take the pain it would end it for them.....

They look like good hits, but the edge of rim where it meets cylinder face almost looks rolled. Weird
I dont know what a strike should look like. Never owned a revolver before, and never kept track of the bazillions of 22LR Ive sent downrange thru my semis....
I did wonder if its the pistol but they do look like solid strikes to me anyways...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews