JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im really close to buying a Sig P250 compact .45. I know a lot of people hate them for various reasons but I think I want one. Can any owners share some positive experiences with me? Please try and keep it first hand experience. If you hate them I dont need to know.

I really like all mine. I have a couple 9mm and a .45. I bought it because it was a good deal. Didn't know if I was going to like it. Turns out it's one of my favorite pistols. I'm super accurate with it. The dao really helps my accuracy. The x-change kits are fairly cheap. I would say go for it.

I would say I hated the one I owned, I really wanted to like the pistol (and concept) but it just wasn't right for me. Trigger pull was very consistent (but long) and the pistol never failed to operate correctly. What I didn't care for was the trigger, the wide frame (double stack 45) and the cost of the mags (when you could find them). If you don't mind a stock Glock trigger then the SigP250 may work nicely for you.

Thank you those who replied with first hand info! Ive already " researched that choice a bit " plenty. Already seen all the regurgitation I needed. I take it you dont care much for yours? Yeah, I know you dont have one. That header asking for owners opinions seems to trip up a lot of folks. Ill have to dumb it down some.

Great platform, very user friendly. Took a bit of practice on the dao, but works well. Much more accurate than I am and no failures to feed or eject.
We are not the police and our needs differ.
BTW: "differ" does NOT mean "inferior". (I wouldn't accept inferior if it's known to me.)
Think about what hardware a police armory would need to support a medium city sized force?
My guess is it's needs are alot different from a private party' wants and needs.
As to why a dept would want to cancel an order: I would wonder if there is not a "smidgeon" of corruption (as a well known person said) in any police force' purchasing procedures. hummmm?
OH, and I like mine. Have 2 fcu's and about 6 configurations.

I know there are a lot of negatives about this pistol. I've never had an issue with mine. And I shoot it a lot. I'm more accurate with this than I am with my 226.

I own a first gen compact p250 tactical had it since 2008, have fired thousands of rounds through it, and have enjoyed it. Only issue i have had is the ocassional light primer strike, but a restrike always fired the round. This occurs maybe once per 100 rounds or slightly less frequently. Though the hiccups occur less than 1% of the time, I only use this pistol for training and target use as result. My understanding is most of these issues have been resolved in the newer generation of the P250.

Training with a DAO trigger, i feel, makes me better with SAO or striker fired weapons. So as long as you know what your getting into. I hate reading reviews on weapons like this one and then the reviewer moans about the trigger being heavy. Of course it is, it's a true DAO.

If you like the P250, you may want to consider the new P320 also. similar modularity in a striker fired weapon. I know i will try to test one out.

We'll I'm a 1911 guy and I gotta say my 1st gun was a Sig 226 elite. Then I bought a Glock 30 thinking I liked it and sold it 3 months later after I saw one come apart at the range. This ended my plastic gun fetish. Not long after I saw the P250 on sale so I went and checked it out. Looked nice then I racked it to dry fire and noticed all the slop between the slide and frame. I could literally wiggle the slide .05!
Per the OP's request, the good thing about them is the price point. That said, for similar money I'd say go buy a glock.
P220 on the other hand is a sweet piece!

I'm pretty sure this is going to be my first pistol. I absolutely love it's look, and after much research most everyone is calling it super accurate, and underrated. When I can afford it I'll be getting a full and compact in 9mm. I only wish I had one now.

I really like my P250SC in 9mm. I changed the plastic to a tiny bit larger grip, and got a mini rail as a bonus. Super accurate, but doesn't tolerate a limp wrist, so train, train, train. I have about 2000 rounds thru it, and it likes 124 gr ammo. 115 grain also works but I did get some FTEs early on (limp wrist?). 147 grain ammo works as well, but with the short barrel you will see some tumble. The 250 is bigger than my Nano, and it prints some in my OWB holster, so I mostly use the Nano as EDC. But the 250 is what I carry for hiking and other outdoor stuff, and it also is my nightstand gun with a small 200 lumen light. I wouldn't give this gun up for anything.

Super accurate, but doesn't tolerate a limp wrist, so train, train, train. I have about 2000 rounds thru it, and it likes 124 gr ammo. 115 grain also works but I did get some FTEs early on (limp wrist?). 147 grain ammo works as well, but with the short barrel you will see some tumble.

This is my experience as well. Super accurate and loves the 124 grain. All the hiccups I have experienced have been with 115grain.

I have just purchased a new P250 compact. All of my research points to it being a great reliable and accurate pistol. People either love it or not due to the trigger because of the long pull. Any issues it had were only with the compact and it was completely redesigned and has not had any issues since. I will let you know how it shoots after putting a few hundred rounds down range.

Reese

I just picked up a used P250c .40 with a bit of mileage on it, and I like it a lot. Very smooth trigger, feed & action. To examine it based on fit & finish I would expect very little, but it feels great while firing & is pretty accurate. I am not a marksman by any stretch but am able to put together 1.5" groups at 10yards with reloads and I only have had ~50rounds with it with which to familiarize myself.

Highly underrated, I think.

I put 100 rounds through my P250 compact 9mm and it was an absolute pleasure to shoot. I will admit the first 20 rounds I definitely noticed how easily you can throw off your aim if you pull the trigger too firmly. I found that with a little concentration on a smooth trigger control, I was dead on accurate from 12 yards. I had multiple groups within 1.5 inches. I even tried out rapid fire and had a group of 8 shots in a vertical pattern spread of 3 inches. This is definitely at the top of my favorite firearms out of the 20 or so that I have shot in the past month. I highly recommend this beauty.

I put 100 rounds through my P250 compact 9mm and it was an absolute pleasure to shoot. I will admit the first 20 rounds I definitely noticed how easily you can throw off your aim if you pull the trigger too firmly. I found that with a little concentration on a smooth trigger control, I was dead on accurate from 12 yards. I had multiple groups within 1.5 inches. I even tried out rapid fire and had a group of 8 shots in a vertical pattern spread of 3 inches. This is definitely at the top of my favorite firearms out of the 20 or so that I have shot in the past month. I highly recommend this beauty.

This is the same report I have on it. I am super accurate with it. However, I don't know if I would use it for a carry gun because I don't think I would be calm enough to pull the trigger, and be able to hit a darn thing. It's great for paper targets though.

This is the same report I have on it. I am super accurate with it. However, I don't know if I would use it for a carry gun because I don't think I would be calm enough to pull the trigger, and be able to hit a darn thing. It's great for paper targets though.

I carry my all the time. you will have a much smaller chance to have negligent discharge.
Go to YouTube and look for negligent discharges.
You will see a DEA agent shoot him self in the foot with a Glock in front of a class room
full of kids.

I carry my all the time. you will have a much smaller chance to have negligent discharge.
Go to YouTube and look for negligent discharges.
You will see a DEA agent shoot him self in the foot with a Glock in front of a class room
full of kids.

That's a good point! For a carry gun I like a DA/SA. I like having the DA as a safety, then the SA for my follow up shots. Don't know how I would do with a DAO for every shot. Might do well, but I don't get a whole lot of trigger time shooting at living targets that are trying to harm me. I don't think I would be as steady.

I have a P250...actually 4 of them if you take into account that I have all 4 caliber x-change kits. They all shoot great and except for .45ACP Semi-wadcutters, they easily eat anything I feed them...and I bought the entire platform for <$1000... If you don't like the DAO trigger, stay tuned: Sig just released the P320 and it's their first striker-fired pistol.

That's a good point! For a carry gun I like a DA/SA. I like having the DA as a safety, then the SA for my follow up shots. Don't know how I would do with a DAO for every shot. Might do well, but I don't get a whole lot of trigger time shooting at living targets that are trying to harm me. I don't think I would be as steady.

I agree I like DA/SA actions but I do not know if any one is making them in a sub comp.
The sub comp are DA only or striker fire that I have seen.
If anyone knows of a good sub comp DA/SA let me know.
DAO are harder to control but in most self defense shootings it is point and shoot.
When your are in fight or flight mode your fine motor skills are gone and you will be just pulling the trigger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top