JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They didnt change anything. Using it as a rifle means you are making an SBR. Thats been their position ever since some dumbass at the ATF sent one patently wrong opinion letter out at the beginning. They never should have approved the thing for distribution in the first place.

Don't put yourself on Facebook or YouTube...

And anyone using it for self defense at home.... It's your word against who's???

AR pistols are range toys as far as I can tell - I've not come up with a good reason to have one otherwise.

It's kinda interesting reading into the tone. It's almost like the atf examiner was like "please guys, stop f'ing this up for everyone, if it's NFA we have to regulate, if you stfu we can ignore it"

Don't put yourself on Facebook or YouTube...

And anyone using it for self defense at home.... It's your word against who's???

AR pistols are range toys as far as I can tell - I've not come up with a good reason to have one otherwise.

Joe please consider this...

In Washington State, as long as I have my CPL I can legally carry my AR pistol (fully loaded) in my car. In the trunk. In the seat next to me. Preferrably in a smart place where it could be accessible without it being blatantly obvious were I to be pulled over for a traffic violation. The point is that if I ever really needed some fire power whilst traveling in my car I have an option other than my EDC 7-8 round S&W Sheild. You cannot carry (legally) a "rifle" fully loaded and ready to rock n' roll like you can the AR pistol. That is 30 rounds of .223 goodness. Additionally I will add that even with my Trijicon MRO on my AR pistol it is extremely accurate out to at least 200 meters. Minute of man is a cinch with it at that range.

Why I carry an AR pistol daily.

My Ar pistol fits in my briefcase, i can carry it loaded/concealed with CHL (no go in Oregon for SBR) and doesn't scare people in public at the store or on the street in libtard Pdx. I feel like I can adequately "hole up" or otherwise defend myself with a 60 rnd pistol carbine with greater effect than my 18rnd g17 until help arrives or the threat is eliminated.

To each their own, I personally would rather have my carbine than "fight my way to it".:).
IMG_20160822_180915232.jpg It is in 300 blk for short barrel reliability purposes not 556. IMG_20160822_180924834.jpg IMG_20160822_180941997.jpg

To each his own I suppose. I'm certainly not against people exercising their right to carry whatever they want and however they want. I dont care one bit if you shoulder it or even if you follow any other gun law on the books to be honest.

I prefer the utility of the SBR. Probably why I have 6 of them and no AR pistols.

If you carry a ar- pistol do you carry ear protection too? There was a guy shooting one in the lane next to me at an indoor range. God damn it was loud. I couldnt imagine shooting one inside a car or building without ear protection.

I do not personally carry ear protection on a daily basis while carrying my Ar pistol or Glock pistol. While I have no actual experience firing it in a live defensive scenario without ear protection, I am under the impression that not unlike when hunting with my 30-06 I don't even hear/feal the shot really at the time. In small confined areas this will obviously be hard on the ears but given a scenario where I need to shoot or be shot, screw the ears.

I have done a few vehicle courses and yes the air movement in a vehicle can be absolutely punishing, I think it is really a vision issue that I have experienced when it comes to vehicle shooting and debris getting around my glasses with all the air movement and dirt/carbon flying around.

I wouldn't use ear pro in an emergent situation but in regards to your experience, it really depends greatly upon what type of muzzle device you're running. Some of the new compensators really have a significant concussion to them. Others not so much.

Joe please consider this...

In Washington State, as long as I have my CPL I can legally carry my AR pistol (fully loaded) in my car. In the trunk. In the seat next to me. Preferrably in a smart place where it could be accessible without it being blatantly obvious were I to be pulled over for a traffic violation. The point is that if I ever really needed some fire power whilst traveling in my car I have an option other than my EDC 7-8 round S&W Sheild. You cannot carry (legally) a "rifle" fully loaded and ready to rock n' roll like you can the AR pistol. That is 30 rounds of .223 goodness. Additionally I will add that even with my Trijicon MRO on my AR pistol it is extremely accurate out to at least 200 meters. Minute of man is a cinch with it at that range.

I can understand that for sure.;) It's a setup I would not personally rock but I get it if you feel you need it. I'm sure it also depends on where you live and where you go.

I'm not able to afford a stamp right now so sbrs aren't even much of an interest & given the velocity loss for the shorter barrels in 5.56. 300blk is designed for the short barrels but it isn't a round I want to play with yet and most likely will be ages before it may even be on my radar.

For me capacity has never been a concern. All my EDC pistols are 10 round or 8.

I do take a rifle and full mags with me on the outside chance I'm heading out of town, but I worked in the Portland metro area and outer areas for 15 years both night and day as a field tech and never encountered any situation I would need anything other then my EDC pistol (and even then have never thought I needed it).

I'm a big dude with an armful of tats and a beard so I look a bit intimidating even when I dress up and go out so maybe I've never looked like an easy opportunity:D.

I fully support you using it as you stated but for my personal use, an AR pistol would just be a toy because other then plinking I just wouldn't use it.

I'd probably lean towards a broken down upper and lower if I had to travel in the city with it in a bag and use my carry pistol to handle things while I'm going for cover.

I understand this is all subjective and I'm not advocating either way - just my personal situation has never called for something like what you use.

Everyone should do their thing;).

This is what I like about this place, people can have different opinions and all still get along. I personally have changed something about my carry style/approach after nearly every course or training opportunity just due to a new outlook or aspect provided by another shooter. Lots of great things to learn and take from others experiences on the site.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top