JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Old news. That happened over a year ago. And BTW, I love my AR pistol and for CQB it would make a mess of some zombies. :)

Why I carry an AR pistol daily.

My Ar pistol fits in my briefcase, i can carry it loaded/concealed with CHL (no go in Oregon for SBR) and doesn't scare people in public at the store or on the street in libtard Pdx. I feel like I can adequately "hole up" or otherwise defend myself with a 60 rnd pistol carbine with greater effect than my 18rnd g17 until help arrives or the threat is eliminated.

To each their own, I personally would rather have my carbine than "fight my way to it".:).
View attachment 309837 It is in 300 blk for short barrel reliability purposes not 556.View attachment 309836 View attachment 309838
Nice briefcase. Where did you get it?

Joe please consider this...

In Washington State, as long as I have my CPL I can legally carry my AR pistol (fully loaded) in my car. In the trunk. In the seat next to me. Preferrably in a smart place where it could be accessible without it being blatantly obvious were I to be pulled over for a traffic violation. The point is that if I ever really needed some fire power whilst traveling in my car I have an option other than my EDC 7-8 round S&W Sheild. You cannot carry (legally) a "rifle" fully loaded and ready to rock n' roll like you can the AR pistol. That is 30 rounds of .223 goodness. Additionally I will add that even with my Trijicon MRO on my AR pistol it is extremely accurate out to at least 200 meters. Minute of man is a cinch with it at that range.

You read my mind...and saved me from typing a long response! Except or the Trijicon part.:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

PS They are a hoot to shoot!!!:D

I bought one of these in 2002 for my 15inch Macbook Pro
Why I carry an AR pistol daily.

My Ar pistol fits in my briefcase, i can carry it loaded/concealed with CHL (no go in Oregon for SBR) and doesn't scare people in public at the store or on the street in libtard Pdx. I feel like I can adequately "hole up" or otherwise defend myself with a 60 rnd pistol carbine with greater effect than my 18rnd g17 until help arrives or the threat is eliminated.

To each their own, I personally would rather have my carbine than "fight my way to it".:).
View attachment 309837 It is in 300 blk for short barrel reliability purposes not 556.View attachment 309836 View attachment 309838

My thoughts exactly when I go to the mainland or as we say in my neck of the woods...America! With the CPL the EBR pistol is as handy as a vest pocket on a shirt for really bad days at Black Rock. Likely, none of us will ever have a cause to use serious fahpowr as an old vet I used to know would say...However, I don't ever want to say "gee, that's a really long shot to get on those bad guys, or like an armed guard I know who needed to roust 5 guys in 4 cars out of a public park that was closed recently thought as he stepped out of his rig: "I cannot afford to miss with this service issued wheel gun." He is now looking at a bigger than 9mm auto.

To me, insurance I hope to never need, but there if some nasty scenario befalls me and mine and legal.

Brutus Out

images-14.jpeg

I bought one of these in 2002 for my 15inch Macbook Pro

My thoughts exactly when I go to the mainland or as we say in my neck of the woods...America! With the CPL the EBR pistol is as handy as a vest pocket on a shirt for really bad days at Black Rock. Likely, none of us will ever have a cause to use serious fahpowr as an old vet I used to know would say...However, I don't ever want to say "gee, that's a really long shot to get on those bad guys, or like an armed guard I know who needed to roust 5 guys in 4 cars out of a public park that was closed recently thought as he stepped out of his rig: "I cannot afford to miss with this service issued wheel gun." He is now looking at a bigger than 9mm auto.

To me, insurance I hope to never need, but there if some nasty scenario befalls me and mine and legal.

Brutus Out

5 dudes, 4 cars, wheel gun, crap pants, call backup....

I have been round and round on the carry carbine. I agree, probably never going to need it, but having it and not needing it is better then the other way round! I started with a PS90, switched to an AR, and now have a parts kit and flats to do an HK 53 SBR! Keeping the overall size down while having the power of the 5.56 round for CQB work out to a decent range!

I can understand that for sure.;) It's a setup I would not personally rock but I get it if you feel you need it. I'm sure it also depends on where you live and where you go.

I'm not able to afford a stamp right now so sbrs aren't even much of an interest & given the velocity loss for the shorter barrels in 5.56. 300blk is designed for the short barrels but it isn't a round I want to play with yet and most likely will be ages before it may even be on my radar.

For me capacity has never been a concern. All my EDC pistols are 10 round or 8.

I do take a rifle and full mags with me on the outside chance I'm heading out of town, but I worked in the Portland metro area and outer areas for 15 years both night and day as a field tech and never encountered any situation I would need anything other then my EDC pistol (and even then have never thought I needed it).

I'm a big dude with an armful of tats and a beard so I look a bit intimidating even when I dress up and go out so maybe I've never looked like an easy opportunity:D.

I fully support you using it as you stated but for my personal use, an AR pistol would just be a toy because other then plinking I just wouldn't use it.

I'd probably lean towards a broken down upper and lower if I had to travel in the city with it in a bag and use my carry pistol to handle things while I'm going for cover.

I understand this is all subjective and I'm not advocating either way - just my personal situation has never called for something like what you use.

Everyone should do their thing;).
I think the philosophy behind it is that some people understand in a real shootout there has been professional handgun Shooters after 60 rounds didn't hit their target because all your training goes out the door when you're being shot at. With a sbr type rifle it's a lot easier to use than a handgun under stress.

I add to what dwaineshort posted, Getting down on rifle sights has the effect of slowing YOU down a bit and helping you focus on the target during high stress shooting! It is also easier for many ( even highly trained folks) to shoot better with a rifle, Even a small carbine, then it is with a pistol!

Hey, if you are going to SBR it and want the option of a retracting stock. I have the tooling to square off the rails before you bend the flat.

Last Edited:
Having a gun that is essentially ( arguably ) useless doesnt make up for having to send a form in to the ATF once per year.

One stamp, once per year gets me into every neighboring state whenever I want. I dont go anywhere else.

Having a gun that is essentially ( arguably ) useless doesnt make up for having to send a form in to the ATF once per year.

One stamp, once per year gets me into every neighboring state whenever I want. I dont go anywhere else.

Are you saying you have to send in a form to take it out of WA and can only be a bordering state? Or If you go outside of a bordering state you need to submit a form? Or you have to pay the tax stamp every year?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top