JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one here seeing a lot of this stuff and thinking WTF.

Doom and gloom, we are all going to die, the world is ending, all this stuff sells. There is sadly a LOT of people who have convinced themselves they will do like on TV. They of course have no clue what it would really be like. Tell people the end is near though and a lot of them will line up to swallow it hook, line, and sinker. Just look at this. The world is ending because we are out of TP. :s0140:
Reminds me a lot of that video a bit ago of the guy in the road rage thing. Vehicle all decked out with lights and camera's. He really had himself convinced he was Robocop but look what happened when he got into something? He was ill prepared to take on an opponent who was not even shooting at him. No doubt he told everyone who would listen to him he was a bad dude though. The scene of him falling to the ground when he tries to chase that other vehicle when he jumps out of his is the icing on the cake of stupid.

Anyone else feel like there are just some that want doom and gloom over the way life is right now?

Or is it that some only see the negative in life and are too blinded by their ways to see the nice things we have and such?

I really don't get it.

Reno

Some people jump on death, misery and mayhem like a dozen free tacos.
For some reason it's fun for them.
And of course the media is more than happy to supply them with new ideas.
We have a neighbor down the block that is so whacked out by this latest
media blitz we had to tell her to stay away from us. Twice.
And what's with all the toilet paper? How often do these freakazoids use the
bathroom each day? Didn't they ever go before all this nonsense started?
I bet that's what happened. They've been holding it in for a few years and now
they're just 'letting it all go'. I guess it will kill the virus.

I have completely stopped watching or reading the news as of this week.
It's not news. It's twisted and exaggerated statements that have little to do with the facts.
It has become suffocating and I do not need it in my life.

People need all that toilet paper because they are all getting the sh*t scared out of them. 10 years since the last pandemic, and that's a lot of buildup. Be prepared for world methane levels to spike! We need Crap and Trade right now!

Maybe they"re planning to use all that extra TP to wipe all the Shtuff they heard is going to Hit their Fans? :confused:
…. and they'll be heroes
…. and girls will notice them
…. and Mommy will love them again

Last Edited:
I think it has a lot to do with all the Media build up with the whole sky is falling constant rants, it has sunk in and infected their minds! There is also the constant bombardment of fear mongering run rampant on line and the tube, people are convinced the end is near and nothing can convince them otherwise! They want it, it justifies everything they believe, and when it doesn't happen, they move on to the next "End" what ever that may be! :(

Just as soon as you do it, word will spread on nextdoor and a bunch of do-gooders will come by and re-roll it back onto the cardboard tubes.
Ya right, more like a group of junkies will swoop in as soon as you leave. Roll it back up and sell it on the black market for some drugs!

I tried to come up with a better word, I couldn't.

Do you think some folks simply hate normal day to day life that they dream, fantasize, or even have a fetish for the end of the world? Do these people think they will enjoy the SHTF more than the peaceful, more importantly, easy way of life we have now?

I don't know, I really like my electricity, overpriced coffee, and general easy way of life. Water comes out of my sink clean, I don't have to filter it or treat it. My food stays fresh in my refrigerator for weeks at a time.

Yes, I think there are some people that would rather see the apocalypse come than anything else. When I was younger, I wanted to say screw you to the world, but I went and spent some time as a dirtbag rock climber off in my own little world, not wishing for everyone else to suffer. I don't understand why people would need other people to suffer for themselves to be happy.

My lights turn on and off with a flick of a switch...

You luddite. Go get Philips Hue lights and get back to me. If you want to also get a Kano Harry Potter wand, I'll show you how to program it to run the lights. Switches are for muggles.

With the absolute media frenzy and non stop down your throat coverage on the Coronavirus, I really can't help but think some really really want the world to go to bubblegum. As if their lives would be better.

Anyone else feel like there are just some that want doom and gloom over the way life is right now?

Or is it that some only see the negative in life and are too blinded by their ways to see the nice things we have and such?

I really don't get it.

Reno

I'm not going to lie, I like the mental masturbation of constructing scenarios and playing them out. Generally, though, I find that most people, even SHTF people, don't go as deep into the scenario as I like to go. Yes, I also play chess, how'd you know?

But that's about as far as I'll go with it. I don't understand the drive or need to have that scenario actually come to pass.

Regarding nCov, I don't watch any media but I do look for any new academic work that comes out or first person accounts. 10 years ago, I wouldn't have given a thought to this thing. Honestly, I would have capitalized on the cheap travel. Now, I've got a wife and daughter that I'd give my life for - a wife on immunosuppressants for a chronic condition and a toddler who can't seem to go 3 weeks without a runny nose or cough :rolleyes:. So, for the first time in my life, I have something that I don't want to lose. So, I toggle between pragmatism and slight panic on this one. Bear with me while the left hemisphere wrenches control from the right.

Cheers,

Some do ,untill it happens , similar to the prison escapees that run like hell then when they get hungry wet and tired call and turn theirselfs in

I tried to come up with a better word, I couldn't.

Do you think some folks simply hate normal day to day life that they dream, fantasize, or even have a fetish for the end of the world? Do these people think they will enjoy the SHTF more than the peaceful, more importantly, easy way of life we have now?

I don't know, I really like my electricity, overpriced coffee, and general easy way of life. Water comes out of my sink clean, I don't have to filter it or treat it. My food stays fresh in my refrigerator for weeks at a time. My lights turn on and off with a flick of a switch...

With the absolute media frenzy and non stop down your throat coverage on the Coronavirus, I really can't help but think some really really want the world to go to bubblegum. As if their lives would be better.

I really don't get it.

Reno

I've witnessed (and survived) enough "excitement" for 3 lifetimes, and I've come to realize this applies to the vast majority of people...

"You don't know peace 'till you've had suffering."

Trust me.... boring is good. o_O

I'm with you @Reno , I'll take 1st world problems ANY DAY!! ;)

Last Edited:
This is a preview of the chaos that will occur if a large earthquake like the cascadia subduction zone erupted and caught most everyone without sufficient amounts of TP.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top