JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On my phone while waiting for Dr appointments, oil changes and what not Jack Londons White Fang, Next to my end of the couch Elmer Kieths Hell I was there. For winter reading the series Thunder Over the Ochoco by Gale Ontko
I was listening to something really good at the doctor's last winter (sure as hell don't touch any magazines there). Nurse came into the waiting room to call a name and I was actually thinking, "Not yet, not yet, I'm too early!"

I just finished reading The Postman, by David Brin. I have to say it was quite good. If one likes post-apocalyptic novels, you'll likely enjoy the text. I read just about everything SHTF I can get my hands on, and I suspect, consciously or not, I hadn't read this one earlier due to the cinematic bomb that was the film adaptation.

One kind of odd thing, for me at least, was most of the action takes place right in my neck of the woods; southern Oregon. Most of the towns I've been through a million times, and there was even a restaurant referenced in Roseburg that I've been too. I don't recall a survival book being set so close to home.

Downloadable audiobook. Delicious earcandy.

one giant leap.jpg

For Father's Day, my ex got me this. She said it was a hilarious read and definitely a "guys' book"...
Thank You for My Service.JPG

And also for Father's Day, my kids went in together and got me this, which was no easy feat for them, but they "somehow" knew Dad wanted it... :rolleyes:
Unintended Consequences.JPG

"Crashback", a study of the Chinese increase in naval power in the Pacific.

"The Journey of a Warrior", a biography of A.M. Gray USMC.

Bit of a military kick.

The Forgotten 500 by Gregory A. Freeman.

A story about the rescue of 250 American aircraft crew members that had been shot down after air raids on Pelosti Romania and ended up in Yugoslavia. The story had been buried for years and finally told. I had never heard about this, I have read about many " battles" but this was not termed a battle, it was a rescue.

The story reinforces the commonly held belief that the Greatest Generation had bigger balls and were bigger badazzes that about every other American solider.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top