JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to add a comment that's a little different.

Two nights ago my wife's friend's live in caregiver . . .

That's amazing, I thought you had to hire some expensive service to clean toxic bio-waste like that. I'm not 100% surprised, though. I've had a number of very positive interactions with the PDX police.

I don't get what the fuss is about... Do you tip your waiter/waitress/bartender, the guy who pumps you gas or mows your lawn? Do you encourage people when they have a bad day? Say thank you to firefighters, veterans, or the person that holds the door for you? Maybe you don't do any of these things and that is fine, it is your choice, but bubblegumming on someone else for wanting to show appreciation is pretty bubblegumming low. :mad:

I don't get what the fuss is about... Say thank you to firefighters, veterans, or the person that holds the door for you?

That's how I feel. I didn't make it too clear, but I support the 2A, and this community; I'm a supporting member under an anonymous account.

I'm brainstorming now, because I'd like to create a nice show of support even if the amounts are very small. I mentioned that I run oregonlaws.org, right? This is the #1 site people use to research OR firearms law and link to the ORS here.

I'm thinking I'll place an ad for Northwest Firearms on the firearms sections for a week for every $5 donation? (E.g., every page under Chapter 166 and anywhere else that's relevant.) Just add a note in the donation about NWFA.

Last Edited:
That's amazing, I thought you had to hire some expensive service to clean toxic bio-waste like that. I'm not 100% surprised, though. I've had a number of very positive interactions with the PDX police.

Yes, it seemed odd to us too! We thought that perhaps, they just do that for the survivors of a suicide or her advanced age made a difference! She is a very sweet old gal!

I don't get what the fuss is about... Do you tip your waiter/waitress/bartender, the guy who pumps you gas or mows your lawn? Do you encourage people when they have a bad day? Say thank you to firefighters, veterans, or the person that holds the door for you? Maybe you don't do any of these things and that is fine, it is your choice, but bubblegumming on someone else for wanting to show appreciation is pretty bubblegumming low. :mad:

Yes.
Yes.
Rarely drink, but yes.
Nope, except at Christmas. I'd much rather be able to pump my own gas. It'd be about $.20 cheaper/gal, and a whole heck of a lot faster.
Nope, never had anyone mowe the lawn, but probably would at Christmas if I did.
Yes.Yes & Yes.

I saw this thread similar to the high school kids going around asking for donations for there team (uniforms/equipment or a trip). Or the Salvation Army guy/gal outside a store at the holidays. Reputable & very likely to go where intended.

...then there are the "seemingly able bodied" 30 somethings who frequent my neighborhood during the day. You know, when most healthy folks are at work, asking for a donation for some homeless shelter or mission. They have no credibility, and I don't know where my money is going, although I have a reasonably good idea.

Good on the OP for setting this up, bad on the OP for feeling he had to set up a phantom account to do so.

My opinion.

Yes.
Yes.
Rarely drink, but yes.
Nope, except at Christmas. I'd much rather be able to pump my own gas. It'd be about $.20 cheaper/gal, and a whole heck of a lot faster.
Nope, never had anyone mowe the lawn, but probably would at Christmas if I did.
Yes.Yes & Yes.

I saw this thread similar to the high school kids going around asking for donations for there team (uniforms/equipment or a trip). Or the Salvation Army guy/gal outside a store at the holidays. Reputable & very likely to go where intended.

...then there are the "seemingly able bodied" 30 somethings who frequent my neighborhood during the day. You know, when most healthy folks are at work, asking for a donation for some homeless shelter or mission. They have no credibility, and I don't know where my money is going, although I have a reasonably good idea.

Good on the OP for setting this up, bad on the OP for feeling he had to set up a phantom account to do so.

My opinion.

Heh! We all usually post here anonymously, as phantoms. This new account of mine is the exception, isn't it?

FYI, here's what the twitters has to say about my efforts ... see the screenshot. Supporting the police = white supremacy.

PS: I sent a note via NWFA's Contact form. I didn't realize, is Joe13 an admin?

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 7.44.31 PM.png

I swear, If I hear "raise taxes for education" one more time, I'll puke! Time and time again, it has been proven that it is content, not money that improves education. Period.

It is just another "revenue enhancement" scam.

Heh! We all usually post here anonymously, as phantoms. This new account of mine is the exception, isn't it?

FYI, here's what the twitters has to say about my efforts ... see the screenshot. Supporting the police = white supremacy.

PS: I sent a note via NWFA's Contact form. I didn't realize, is Joe13 an admin?

View attachment 323663

What is this ^^ from? Is that the "Twitter" thing? I don't get it, why people want to read, and post, single sentences? No conversation, vulgarity just for the heck of it? Got no use for it.

And for the record...I've ALWAYS had the utmost respect for our Portland police! Living in some pretty terrible "Hoods" here in PDX I became well acquainted with them on a few occasions.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top