JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How soon we forget! . . .
Have you forgotten so soon the democrats cheating to dispose of Bernie or how they lied and cheated in the attempt to derail Trump?
This is all organized and paid for by THE DEMOCRATS . . . DON"T EVER FORGET THAT
EVER!!!!

Sheldon

Hi Everyone,

I launched a campaign to raise money for injured officers and their families as a way to say thank you for the overtime they've been putting in this week. I have a lot of mixed feelings about the weeks' events, as I'm sure you all do. Personally, I'm very impressed with the PPB's focus on both public safety and personal rights.

Support the Portland Police

Thanks!

View attachment 322909

Did you get your car windows bashed in? o_O

The COP's performance and your first post can ''Hug my nuts''!

Last Edited:
I think their share of the $7500+ I pay in property taxes is more than enough, thank you. I appreciate the police, but they are just doing a job; a job that, between salary, overtime, perks and PERS, they are adequately compensated for.

My dad always said the only way to stop a riot was with a large and overwhelming show of force.

During the riots in Portland in the 60's my dad loaded every gun in the house(Alameda area)and said to me and my sister if they come on the property threateningly shoot them. This was a man who believed in civil rights and had taken flak from the neighbors when he hired a black handyman to do some work, had gotten in arguments with some very racist friends over civil rights and had told the real estate agents to go to h**l when they told him he had better sell now because the blacks are coming and your property value will tank. But he drew the line at some rioter, no matter what race destroying his property.

Raise a bat/2 x 4 to a cop, get shot with rubber buckshot. Come back again with the same weapon and you are shot to death. If you smash property, you pay for it and serve two years in prison (felony charges). NEXT!

F**k with the bull and you get the horn.

your first post and your wanting money for people we already pay to do a job they arent doing at the moment.
& one of the photos you are using on your gofundme page I have already seen in a PREVIOUS article of a "black lives matter disturbance"

I am very skeptical.........why wasnt set this up so the funds go to the police directly?

warning !!!!!!
the money goes directly to this guy!! ........with only 2 facebook friends???

FROM THE GO FUND ME SITE

$ 405 of $5,000
Raised by 4 people in 2 days
About the Organizer
15027756_218418968567983_6281228044236462354_n.jpg
Robb Shecter
2 Facebook Friends
This person will receive your donation directly.
Donation is protected by GoFundMe Guarantee.
Only give to people you know and trust.

Last Edited:
...one of the photos you are using on your gofundme page I have already seen in a PREVIOUS article of a "black lives matter disturbance"...

I am very skeptical.........why wasnt set this up so the funds go to the police directly?

warning !!!!!!
the money goes directly to this guy!! ........with only 2 facebook friends???

FROM THE GO FUND ME SITE

About the Organizer
Robb Shecter
2 Facebook Friends
This person will receive your donation directly.
Donation is protected by GoFundMe Guarantee.
Only give to people you know and trust.

Hi, this is Robb, the creator of the GoFundMe campaign. I can appreciate skepticism about people collecting money online, and I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

The Mercury article above has a lot of info about me. Here's some more:

* I'm an Oregon attorney, and so I'm held to very high standards of financial care and handling funds for others. Bottom line, I have some pretty big punishment awaiting if I were to mishandle these funds.

* I have experience in this area, e.g. having served as a Board Treasurer for a large publicly funded non-profit.

* I'm maintaining a transparency report which I link to from the GoFundMe campaign. As it progresses, I'll keep it updated with income and disbursals.

* I've reached out to the president of the PPA (the Police union) to work out how to transfer the funds.

* I'm not a big fan of Facebook, and I deleted my account a year or two ago after a news story about how they manipulate the news they show you. I've grudgingly created a new account, and am reconnecting with my friends there. I'm up to 19 now ;-)

More questions? Reply to me here, or via email: [email protected]

I don't trust attorneys, particularly ones I don't know.

This is a firearms website, in the Northwest.

How many firearms do you own, what calibers, how often do you have a chance to shoot & where? Do you have your CHL? Is it just the Oregon CHL, or do you have multiples?

Hi, this is Robb, the creator of the GoFundMe campaign. I can appreciate skepticism about people collecting money online, and I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

The Mercury article above has a lot of info about me. Here's some more:

* I'm an Oregon attorney, and so I'm held to very high standards of financial care and handling funds for others. Bottom line, I have some pretty big punishment awaiting if I were to mishandle these funds.

* I have experience in this area, e.g. having served as a Board Treasurer for a large publicly funded non-profit.

* I'm maintaining a transparency report which I link to from the GoFundMe campaign. As it progresses, I'll keep it updated with income and disbursals.

* I've reached out to the president of the PPA (the Police union) to work out how to transfer the funds.

* I'm not a big fan of Facebook, and I deleted my account a year or two ago after a news story about how they manipulate the news they show you. I've grudgingly created a new account, and am reconnecting with my friends there. I'm up to 19 now ;-)

More questions? Reply to me here, or via email: [email protected]
The point is why would someone making a very good living in Police work need donations from us? It shows the money may go to their charities if they wish to donate it:rolleyes:. I'll just give to the people I know need help.

. . .why would someone making a very good living in Police work need donations from us? . . .

A few people have asked this. I launched the campaign to give symbolic, morale-boosting support. Really to just let the individual officers know that people appreciate the work they do.

I spent a couple of days brainstorming ideas and researching: Starbucks gift cards? Food delivered to the precinct? It turns out there are problems with most ideas like this, and people before me have asked the same question. I also talked to a friend who's an ex-PPD and who has family on the force who gave me insight into the internal politics, and what officers appreciate.

I also had the pleasure of meeting a new volunteer officer for Clark County (WA) Sheriff while at a "Move & Shoot" training at Threat Dynamics down in Sherwood, Oregon. I was surprised to learn that he's paying for the training and mileage on his own dime. That's a shame, IMO.

I decided to look for a police-connected charity to collect for, and discovered the Partner Organizations, the Reserve Foundation, and the Cover Foundation. In the end, I went with the Cover Foundation.

PS: I can't really comment on how good of a living the police make. But the mere existence of the Cover Foundation plus the well known shortage of officers are evidence that there might be gaps in compensation or benefits.

He has a decent argument and is easily background checked.

I don't have any money to give (our new insurance is going to cost me $750 per month in prescriptions and that's not counting $15 copay for PT and blood draws Bi-weekly) and I'm not sure I would if I did have it as I have worked blue collar jobs most of my life and know that the overtime one receives during times like these is a nice chunk of change for people in that pay range.

I vote we stop giving this guy grief and let the thread speak for itself:rolleyes:

He has a decent argument and is easily background checked.

I don't have any money to give (our new insurance is going to cost me $750 per month in prescriptions and that's not counting $15 copay for PT and blood draws Bi-weekly) and I'm not sure I would if I did have it as I have worked blue collar jobs most of my life and know that the overtime one receives during times like these is a nice chunk of change for people in that pay range.

I vote we stop giving this guy grief and let the thread speak for itself:rolleyes:
Not really giving this guy grief Joe, but at some point you get tired of people wanting your donations to throw money where it really isn't needed. If I donate to every cause out there I will be the one needing handouts. This site is one thing I use and enjoy. Its also one of the few things I donate to.;)

I'm going to add a comment that's a little different.

Two nights ago my wife's, friend's, live in caregiver, who the friend was very close to, committed suicide! He had been her caregiver for more than 20yrs. Sat there at the dining room table and ate her gun, which he had borrowed on some pretext!

Here's where we get to the police praising. This guy, popped himself through the bean and then got himself from the dining room to the bathroom where he bled out! It was a horrendous mess! And after, very courteously and kindly, taking her statement the cops dug in and cleaned all of the blood and debris off the floor, walls, and furniture! Never said a word about it, just put away they're gear and notebooks and got her done! They did a fantastic job too, she didn't have to touch a thing!
This nice, 88yr old lady couldn't find words to express how much it meant to her! Made me teary eyed just hearing about it!
So, great job PDX Police Dept! They stepped up when no one was going to see what they did and give them any praise for it! :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top