JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems easy enough to have 1 follow you around the house rather than need to have dedicated ones for particular rooms. If you are taking a shower, it seems setting it under the towel would suffice.

Alarm. Deterrent. Defensive line. Offensive weapon. Best friend. Loves water. Doesn't rust.

wolf.jpeg

Take a listen and let it sink in a bit. :)

Great song.

ssssssss.jpeg

Seems easy enough to have 1 follow you around the house rather than need to have dedicated ones for particular rooms. If you are taking a shower, it seems setting it under the towel would suffice.
The gun I have close when I shower is one that I do this with. Normally just take one that is sitting next to my bed in and set it on a shelf where other shower stuff is.

I'm going to be the odd man out on this. I have been carrying a gun into the bathroom for longer than I can remember. It has been decades. Much of my life has been lived in dangerous locations outside of the country. There were lessons learned in the military as well. I picked up a few enemies along the way due to my line of work. I tend to be careful and am not only a plan B guy, somewhere I'm considering C through F.

During the day you may be doing the everyday carry thing. Hopefully you are in condition yellow, meaning awake and alert, and you practice situational awareness. Doing those things pays off. Criminals are good at reading people and assessing their vulnerability. You're ready and capable of taking care of yourself. The bad guys are not likely to take you on. During the day you are a like a knight in armor.

Once home your guard comes down. For most there is no perceived threat. You fall into a familiar routine that typically does not include being prepared to fight. Yet when you are the least prepared you may need your firearm the most.

We have no way of knowing what is going to happen. The future is unknown, including the next half hour. You may have utter peace for the rest of your life. You may experience hell on earth on the next 15 minutes.

There are times when you are brutally vulnerable. One is a deep sleep but preparing for that is relatively simply. The bathroom is a different story. It is almost unthinkable to be interrupted in the sanctuary of a hot shower or while pressing out a loaf. Ironically, it may be that when you need your gun the most you may be the least prepared. Trapped nude and wet in a bathroom, and unarmed when your family needs you most, is not where you want to be.

Intruders may come in after you. They may direct you to come out. Most likely they have no expectation that you are armed and capable of fighting. That is in your favor and a huge advantage.

The obvious options are taking a gun into the bathroom with you or simply leaving a gun in the bathroom. I prefer to carry in because I keep my pistol with me. Circumstances differ. Key is being prepared.

I carry a P365 or a S&W Airweight Centennial, which I think is Model 642. Both are resistant to moisture. I keep them within reach.

When I came across this thread I was in the bathroom, my gun a foot away.

More than 3 decades ago the CIA Chief of Station in Beirut walked out of his apartment one morning, right on schedule. A bevy of kidnappers awaited him. They grabbed him and tossed him into a vehicle. He was tortured to death and it took him a long time for him to die. It was a very ugly passing.

Supposedly he carried his Walther PPk in his briefcase, which was in his hand. He was not prepared in a vulnerable moment. He was not ready to address the threat. He was not ready to fight.

I've discussed it here on various threads that I am one of those proud few who have actually both literally and figuratively shot myself in the foot. (it was not a severe injury, I have recovered fully from it, it happened almost a decade ago, yes I know I'm a flippin' idiot.) That said as I knew immediately upon the accident taking place that I would never hear the end of it and still get the occasional wise crack from friends.
Back when I was still on crutches shortly after the injury a buddy was flipping me the business on FB mentioning that I probably should get rid of my guns. My reply was 'DUDE! I shower with a gun!'

That statement is fact. I don't wear it in the shower but it's within reach, not visible and not in a moist/wet area. That's all the info I care to share on public forum but yes, I shower with a gun. Sometimes more than one.

Worked with a guy that stoppped home during the day to pick up something, took a leak & later found a burgler had been in the house while he was taking a leak, the guy was hiding in the shower right behind him so I'd advise take it in & out with you. There were boot marks in the shower that weren't the owners.
I have a clear shower curtain.

I've said it before:

"If I'm not wearing pants and someone breaks into my place, I'll just brandish my pump-action short-gun.

They might run away or they might drop to the floor and turn blue in a fit of uncontrolled laughter.

Either way, I win. :D"

I don't bother. As I have said, I live in the boonies with almost no crime out here - my main intruders are mice. I leave doors unlocked, either intentionally or by forgetting. Reading about the intruders others encounter, I am glad I live where I do. It took some getting used to, but now I am probably a bit too lackadaisical about home security. :oops:

^^This^^. Same for my neck of the woods, I used to leave doors unlocked and keys in my vehicles. Then my neighbor's shop got "broken into" by one of the local tweakers, that's in quotes because they just walked in, door wasn't locked, of course. Since then, I lock up my shop and house at night, and I no longer leave keys in cars, although I do leave them unlocked. If someone wants to pilfer the change in my ashtrays, I'd much prefer they just open the door rather than break (brake ?:D) a window.

As to guns in the shower, just how paranoid do you have to be? Yeah, we live in unsettled times, but we're still far from a war zone, at least in most places. If you're that afraid of where you live, I'd highly advise moving! Later.

Dave

Rascal's advice is very much worth heeding.

I have a gun ready to rock within reach in EVERY room!

No kids.

No company.

But you that think home invasion couldn't happen to you...enjoy living in denial.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top