JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was recently diagnosed with asthma after 76 years of breathing whatever comes my way. My puzzled pulmonologist, searching a likely cause for such late onset, asked me about new things in my environment (pets, houseplants, carpets, etc). Nope, none of that; what's new to me is being this dang old.

Although "gunsmoke" did cross my mind, I said nothing about it. That's nothing new, plus I'm leery of even mentioning firearms in a healthcare setting.

I've been shooting, first with lead pellets and steel B-B's since the 5th grade. We kids almost always carried extras in our mouths for a quick reload, (Swallowed a few). I've been reloading and casting my own bullets most of my life, (I'll be 82 this year). My running days are over due to an auto accident, but I can still get out of bed under my own power, maintain two boats and two automobile's. The thing about lead, or anything else is treat it with respect, but don't be paranoid about it. :s0013:

The other thing I don't like about coming home from a shooting session. The chore of cleaning the weapons. Especially gas guns. I won't just clean the bore and stick them back in storage. I have to take them apart and do it the right way. Call me a sissy again, but these days I put on latex gloves because there's a lot of mess generated by cleaning them right.

I used to do a lot of car work, mostly on older vehicles that had accumulated a lot of mileage and therefore a lot of "black velvet" (caked on oily dirt). And brake work which is always dirty. In the olden days, I worked with my hands unprotected. No mechanics I knew or observed used gloves. Those days are over, for working "technicians" and for me. Although I don't do much car work these days, any that I do is with latex gloves on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top