JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to optimize the outhouse load out.

Do you keep protection on hand in the outhouse / shower?

Where / how do you store it?

How do you keep it dry-ish?

How do you keep it from corrosion?

Good quality waterproof box is all you need. I've got an old medical supply box mounted on the wall above the enclosure with a 686 and a speed loader in it. Been using it for decades and haven't had a single issue.

I thought from the thread title that this had something to do about peeing in the shower :confused:

My G17 goes everywhere with me - including the bathroom but not inside the shower...

I don't take hot steamy showers so it's never been a problem.

If the good Lord decides it's my time to go while in the shower, well I'm willing to take that chance. I just won't be dying where Elvis did:D;)

I keep my rubbers in my wallet.
Sounds like you need to frequent better bathhouses though, like ones without a dick level hole in the wall.

lool. just kidding

I thought from the thread title that this had something to do about peeing in the shower :confused:

My G17 goes everywhere with me - including the bathroom but not inside the shower...

I don't take hot steamy showers so it's never been a problem.

If the good Lord decides it's my time to go while in the shower, well I'm willing to take that chance. I just won't be dying where Elvis did:D;)

The only time I showered with a pistol was when the rioters were a half mile from my home. Getting all the water out of the nooks and crannies wasn't fun.

The only time I showered with a pistol was when the rioters were a half mile from my home. Getting all the water out of the nooks and crannies wasn't fun.

Imo everyone should have an air compressor in their gun cleaning arsenal.

Spray all the nasty stuff out and sprays oil into all of the places it's hard to get too without soaking it in oil.

Buy some dog training pads and toss one on the floor and blow everything on it. Keeps the floor clean and it's very nice for keeping your guns immaculate.;)

Used to shower with my M-4, was real handy for getting all the moon dust out of it and it got cleaner then I could have gotten it using traditional cleaning stuff, and it dried out before I got fully toweled off! Just hang it muzzle down and let gravity do the work! Same with my M-9 :s0155:

Admittedly, though the OP is catching some sarcasm here from others.. In another post Ive mentioned this:
When I used to own a hipoint, I actually kept one in a double zip-locked bag with a desiccant pack and paper towels (to also absorb moisture). Kept it in the drawer.
Zero rust issues. I agree an air tight dry box is the way to go now.. I didnt see many of those in stores though back when I lived my crummy old apartment.
I was younger, it was fun to practice being ultra prepared just for the hell of it.. but ultimately unnecessary and hipointless.

After selling the hipoint I found a diving knife at a pawn shop, to this day I still have that in the bathroom for fun.. Again, completely over the top and unnecessary.. but I think its cool as hell to have a diving knife strapped to my shower caddy. Great talking piece for company. :s0046:

Had some women that stayed over night found it awesome and actually felt a bit safer... then, some others didn't care for it and didn't understand. But those same ones didn't understand carrying a firearm for self defense either..

Last Edited:
Used to shower with my M-4, was real handy for getting all the moon dust out of it and it got cleaner then I could have gotten it using traditional cleaning stuff, and it dried out before I got fully toweled off! Just hang it muzzle down and let gravity do the work! Same with my M-9 :s0155:

That and spray a bunch of shaving cream in those suckers while in the shower it eats the carbon ;)

Saw this the other day. Seemed to fit here.

tumblr_f59ec1bfe19bbee0e30a04870c35156e_3f2ac3b2_1280.jpg

A protective dog is all you really need

I have to at least partially agree. My dogs (Hound and lab/malamute) lay on the floor outside the bathroom while I'm in the shower. They alert me to anything (they think) is out of the ordinary pretty quickly. They would slow down an intruder long enough for my naked arse to exit the shower and grab the 870.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top