JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just ordered one of these left side charging BCA uppers in 350 Legend with 10.5 inch barrel for $216 shipped.

My plan is to eventually run it in a manual loading config with cut down carrier. With 10.5 inch barrel the 9mm projectiles will be zinging out of the barrel at around 2000fps. One handed shooting should be a blast and I will be able to swap in my shorty 300BO and 5.56 barrels too.

This is what I want to copy with the left side charging upper I ordered.

I am thinking that keeping a portion of the buffer tube might be better than shortening the carrier? It may provide better weight distribution and allow me to swap the tube out if I want to run it in semi-auto mode. The overall weight will be heavier but that may help with felt recoil?

I just ordered one of these left side charging BCA uppers in 350 Legend with 10.5 inch barrel for $216 shipped.

My plan is to eventually run it in a manual loading config with cut down carrier. With 10.5 inch barrel the 9mm projectiles will be zinging out of the barrel at around 2000fps. One handed shooting should be a blast and I will be able to swap in my shorty 300BO and 5.56 barrels too.

Here are a couple of shots of the upper I will be using for my multi-cal blaster build.

20220113_112254.jpg

20220113_112232.jpg

First thing will be to strip off handguard, gas tube, block and barrel nut. I am going to remount barrel hand tight with Areo Bar nut for intial shots. I will plug barrel gas port with railed receiver height gas block mounted backwards. This set up will be run with out a handguard. Hand positioning will have to be like a normal pistol. It is going to be front heavy, like a long barrel revolver but that may help with recoil. No extension tube will be mounted on lower.

It will probably garner some WTF stares at TCGC's100yd range. I hope I can put rounds on paper at 50yds. Initially I will run the lightest red dot I have for an optic. For fun, I might run a carry handle sight with metal flip up front sight mounted on gas block rail.

Edit. I will need to disable or delete bolt catch to prevent it from engaging during the charging process. A BAD type lever might work as an alternative to disabling bolt catch?

Last Edited:
Here are a couple of shots of the upper I will be using for my multi-cal blaster build.

View attachment 1111014

View attachment 1111015

First thing will be to strip off handguard, gas tube, block and barrel nut. I am going to remount barrel hand tight with Areo Bar nut for intial shots. I will plug barrel gas port with railed receiver height gas block mounted backwards. This set up will be run with out a handguard. Hand positioning will have to be like a normal pistol. It is going to be front heavy, like a long barrel revolver but that may help with recoil. No extension tube will be mounted on lower.

It will probably garner some WTF stares at TCGC's100yd range. I hope I can put rounds on paper at 50yds. Initially I will run the lightest red dot I have for an optic. For fun, I might run a carry handle sight with metal flip up front sight mounted on gas block rail.

Edit. I will need to disable or delete bolt catch to prevent it from engaging during the charging process. A BAD type lever might work as an alternative to disabling bolt catch?
Somebody will come along and ask "why". This set up will be much cheaper, more versatile and probaby more functional than a Contender pistol or Lone Eagle pistol. Mags aside switching cartridges will be as easy as swapping barrels for 223/5.56, 300 BO, 350 Legend, 300 Ham'r and other cartridges will only need a bolt change with the barrel swap.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews