JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any body on here build one of these or have experience with the complete build?

Nope, not yet. Always wanted to build a modern day Han Blaster.

1623446541047.jpeg

It would be super neat-o if one could be made in 9㎜ or .32 ACP. :D
Need to ditch the buffer tube. I'm not sure a 9mm upper exists without a buffer system and or goofy forward charging handle. I've seen bolt style 300blk builds.
1623447014475.jpeg

Good point on the buffer tube. (I vaguely recall those craptastic Olympic Arms handguns in 5.56㎜ that didn't have them. No idea if they ever made them in a handgun cartridge though.)

Challenge accepted.
I just ordered the $60 flash hider, and I already have everything else in my parts stash. The only challenge is going to be making a suitable grip. I'm not about to pay $130 for the one they are selling… I'll build my own out of bubblegum and popsicle sticks if I have to.. I'll have to come up with something for "cooling fins" on the magwell. that's a very important detail IMO that they overlooked… I have a few ideas for the optic/mount too.
this should be fun!

Challenge accepted.
I just ordered the $60 flash hider, and I already have everything else in my parts stash. The only challenge is going to be making a suitable grip. I'm not about to pay $130 for the one they are selling… I'll build my own out of bubblegum and popsicle sticks if I have to.. I'll have to come up with something for "cooling fins" on the magwell. that's a very important detail IMO that they overlooked… I have a few ideas for the optic/mount too.
this should be fun!
:s0133:

Look forward to seeing the results!

:s0133:

Look forward to seeing the results!
I grabbed a poly lower for $50 yesterday that I thought had the right aesthetic… I absolutely would not use a poly lower for anything other than something like this.. there is no buffer to stress the weak point at the rear takedown pins… that said, I still don't like it. the roll pins pushed in way too easy, so I'd imagine they would work their way out over time just as easily, and it seems like the poly doesn't let the pins and detents move freely, but I think for this build it'll be perfect..
I got the muzzle device today so I through together what I could dig out of the toy box real quick… lots of stuff to work out for sure… the big stuff like the muzzle device and buffer tube delete get it into the ballpark… but it's the little details like the short 20rd. mag, broom handle grip, old school offset 4x scope, and cooling fins, and probably a little bit of paint that will take it home. I got this :s0155:

The upper receiver, grip, and scope are just place holders for now.. I gotta pick up some parts here and there to get this right
EE703EEA-2A74-4DFB-92FD-BD57469F3E8E.jpeg C7AE5ADE-2906-4616-B480-3688965B9454.jpeg 892D1343-53AC-4DD6-A848-DF1F0F8512C2.jpeg

Too cool! I had a bunch of those Omnis way back in like 2012 or so. Broke one on a regular build. Sold the rest that I bought. I would hope they are better now than back then. 15-22s are all plastic and they seem to be just fine, so I imagine a 22lr would be fine.

I had to do one this summer. Went all out because I knew that I'd be Unhappy otherwise. Been talking to the owner at Canto Arms, and he is working on heat sinks, but not quite the kind you see in A New Hope. I've been debating on getting an aluminum set of heat sinks off ebay and trying to make them work I went with a dedicated 22lr bolt hold open bolt release lever, and a B.A.D. lever helps with manipulating the controls. It's pretty fun. I wish someone made a flush fit 22lr mag.

20210721_143453.jpg

I grabbed a poly lower for $50 yesterday that I thought had the right aesthetic… I absolutely would not use a poly lower for anything other than something like this.. there is no buffer to stress the weak point at the rear takedown pins… that said, I still don't like it. the roll pins pushed in way too easy, so I'd imagine they would work their way out over time just as easily, and it seems like the poly doesn't let the pins and detents move freely, but I think for this build it'll be perfect..
I got the muzzle device today so I through together what I could dig out of the toy box real quick… lots of stuff to work out for sure… the big stuff like the muzzle device and buffer tube delete get it into the ballpark… but it's the little details like the short 20rd. mag, broom handle grip, old school offset 4x scope, and cooling fins, and probably a little bit of paint that will take it home. I got this :s0155:

The upper receiver, grip, and scope are just place holders for now.. I gotta pick up some parts here and there to get this right
View attachment 1017949View attachment 1017948View attachment 1017950
Can you post a picture of the BCG and whatever is behind the BCG (springs, bumper, etc)

View attachment 1017949View attachment 1017948View attachment 1017950
Any ideas on how you could delete the rear charging handle when using a CMMG 22lr conversion kit? Maybe rig up some type of side charging handle to the bolt assy?

Last Edited:
Any ideas on how you could delete the rear charging handle when using a CMMG 22lr conversion kit? Maybe rig up some type of side charging handle to the bolt assy?
Do you think the .22 conversion bolt would pair nicely with a side charging AR9 upper? Seem to be plenty of them on the market.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top