JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is my DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle)
(100-350 Yards, Russian/Chinese Tactics)

Its the one on the top. Sorry, I know I've posted this pic before, but I can't find my camera.

No scope/bipod at the time of the picture, but now shes got a nice Harris bipod and a sweet little scope.

000_0010.jpg

so for the folks who are posting pics... how many of you guys are working on range estimation, drop charts, CB 1st round hits, etc? I know landcbeitner does... My partners all have LRF's, but I mil everything, to practice... and out of necessity. We shoot from a lot of positions, too, but prone is the most often used.
I haven't invested in a ballistics program yet, so far I have just been lucky to use other folks' chrony, software, etc.

OK....after 5 pages, I guess it is my time to play in the sand box. This is my hunting/sniper rifle. It is a Win model 70 short action in .308win. 26" heavy barrel, harris bipod. A cheap Tasco mil dot/varmit scope that is 6-24 power but I leave at 10 ALL of the time. For acuracy, this is by far my most favorite rifle. I hunt the wheat fields of eastern Washington and have the rifle zeroed at 200 yards. Before there was Duracoat, I wrapped the gun in tape and it is getting pretty shabby. I have killed 8 deer in my life and the gun took 7 of them. A couple of sight in targets for you guys to ritacule. I held a 4" group at 200 yards. Oh, and check out bambi........

I have range cards for my 300/338/510 whispers out to 600 yards, but until I shoot them past 200 yards onto paper, they are ony worth the paper they are printed on. I have a laser range finder that claims 1200 yards, but it ranges on fur out to 200 yards and on a painted surface out to 500 yards. Unless my target is wearing a mirror that reflects directly back to the sender, then I am SOL and have to depend on my completely inadequate range estimating skills.

Ranb

Rand.....how does a supressor work on a wheel gun? With all the gas that escapes between the cylinder and the barrel kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Your still going to hear the bang very well........:s0159:

Isn't the Nagant the quintessential gas seal revolver, and hence not susceptible to such a thing? And to be honest, I am more "book" gun smart than "real" gun smart, so i must ask--does this kind of thing even affect the report of a revolver? No, right?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top