JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
100_1545.jpg

Armalite AR10 before I installed the glass. Less than 20 rounds on it thus far.

Nice piece Trismn..........................

I'm no sniper, but if I was, then here are some of my tools.

remington700.jpg
Remington 700 338 RUM with 30 inch Pac-Nor barrel and form 1 silencer for out to 1200 yards.

savage12.jpg
Savage 12 in 308 with 26 inch Pac-Nor barrel for out to 800 yards.

338whisper.jpg
Savage 10fcm in 338 whisper for out to 600 yards.

510whisper.jpg
TC Encore in 510 whisper for out to 600 yards if I need to start them on fire with armor piercing incendiary ammo.

ar-15300whisper.jpg
AR-15 with SSK 300 whisper upper in case they get closer than 400 yards in a group.

m1carbine.jpg
M-1 carbine for less than 200 yards.

buckmark22lr.jpg
Buckmark Varmit for within 75 yards.

1895nagant-2.jpg
1895 Nagant for inside the living room. :)

Ranb

Rand.....how does a supressor work on a wheel gun? With all the gas that escapes between the cylinder and the barrel kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Your still going to hear the bang very well........:s0159:

Rand.....how does a supressor work on a wheel gun? With all the gas that escapes between the cylinder and the barrel kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't tit? Your still going to hear the bang very well........:s0159:
rbd241,

Mosin revolvers were different in that they were able to "seal" the gas between the cylinder and barrel. They were revolutionary in this regard and allowed for the use of a suppressor.

Wheel gun suppression questions have been answered above, I just have to say, as tack-drivery, suppressed, hard hitting and well painted every gun on this thread looks...

It might not be a sniper, but the Man who decides to put a Can on an ol Nagat, knows how to silence something from a distance:s0112::s0155:
It has got to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

My Sniper...

My PSL is ... well... PSL accurate and I've never taken it to a proper target, but I hit small junk(whats left of clays) 200yds out and have not had the land to go beyond that. I'd imagine(and read) that with a mil-dot scope it would ride smooth to the 600yd mark or more as advertised, but the 1k- yard mark that people talk about ... well my BS flag shoots up(regarding the PSL as a sniper) every time this Semi-auto recoils, and I realize that my ol' Mosins hit harder but jump less... I do love it though, especially after re-working the stock where my trigger hand goes to sit better, and fitting a better scope than the 4xfixed, I couldn't be happier.:cool:

Landcbeiter, Great photo 5th down, Love it! Cool gun!
How ofter do you have to repaint the stocks, Every time I've painted mine they rub off.
Matthew

I like to Duracoat with an air brush, it's durable, but will rub off eventually with heavy use. Their meant to be used, so rubed paint is something I actually like to see. I don't re-paint untill I feel good an ready.

I was able to op check the Nagant for the first time ever today. It is not noisy at all, better than my suppressed P-22. I also tried out the M-1 carbine, 338 rum and a suppressed WASR. The M-1 with the 300 whisper can on it performed very well, the 338 magnum even better. The WASR was a disappointment; too much noise escaping the vent near the front sight.

Ranb

It might not be a sniper, but the Man who decides to put a Can on an ol Nagat, knows how to silence something from a distance:s0112::s0155:
It has got to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Thanks. This project was actually rather easy. The barrel simply unscrews from the frame with a little torque. I cut away the front of the front sight with a hacksaw then turned down the barrel in a lathe to accept 1/2-28 threads, then mounted an adaptor and turned that to match the profile of my Browning HP barrel.

The sights are too low to see over the can, but it is still easy to hit a target center mass at 25 yards.

Ranb

duke, got any specs on that? match barrel, upgrades, etc?

Someday....

Just picked it up. Not a match grade . Does have the TRW bolt & SA slide
( for lack of the proper term ). Bbl. is not marked, possibly rebarreled?
Serial # is in the 33,ooo range. Very clean and I'm still researching this one.
Definatly has a place reserved in the strongbox. Scope is a POS but I'll be on the lookout for a suitable replacement. Can't wait to see what she'll do!
td

Thats a beautiful stock on that M14/M1A, and what is that I see behind it, another m14/m1a?
I plan on scoping the m1a I picked up a little while ago. Whats the scope on that one?

wg

Thanks wg, the stock is standard SA that I refinished with tung oil. The rifle has a Sadlak mount, Burris xtreme tactical rings and a Muller 3-10X44 TACII scope. It's had the normal NM work, unitized GS, reamed FS, NM op-rod guide, cs springs, Wilson 6 groove medium weight NM barrel.

Here's the other M1A, this one is all TRW GI parts with a HR barrel, unitized GS, NM sights and a GI glass stock.
crop5.jpg

I wouldn't call this hbar a sniper rifle but it is surprising accurate out to the 400 yard ranges I have shot it, even with the 4X Colt scope. It shoots better than my A3 rifle with the same power scope.
421scope01.jpg
AR001-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top