JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The old timers that know me well they have seen this from a small hole.. See Shop Remodel New CNC Machine & Shop Expansion – The Personal Blog Of Steven L. Rhine

Front..
20181027_152747-1024x768.jpg

Some Of The Welding Equipment.
20181027_113403-1024x768.jpg

My Parts Bench..
20180406_220433-1024x768.jpg

My Work Bench Set Up At the Portland Area Shows..
Click To Show!!

Back Side main Work bench not complete need steel.... rems are running low at steel yard 2" - 3" Channel Iron Umm 25'.
20180612_215756-1024x768.jpg

Ohh... My Plasma Cutter.. Missed the Family Photo Due to Surgery!! Miller Spectrum 375 X-treme Plasma Cutter.. Teardown / Repair Complete!! – The Personal Blog Of Steven L. Rhine
20181104_194918-1024x768.jpg

And Compressor I am sure it annoys my neighbors.. last ones nope.. new ones yep! just got a new pressure switch made in u.s.a 19.00 more then china hope it lasts longer then the china made one that was on a u.s.a. flagged compressor!!
20181108_233708-1024x768.jpg

I am Always Fiddledicking and changing things as i set the support equipment up = never getting anything built very fast lol.

My to do list is long and bank account is small lol..

Last Edited:
IMG_20181109_073138518.jpg
Tiny work bench area.
Spend a fair amount of time here. More lately, working on starting up an online shop for knives and other tools/self defense weapons made from found items. Something to do while looking for a new job.
Yes it needs cleaning.
Probably do that after my home Depot interview today.

Last Edited:
Okay, I'm gonna claim photo shop!!!:rolleyes:
No real shop is that clean!
I've been needing to clean my shop to about 50% of that level for 10..maybe 20 years but I don't have the 6 months of spare time to do it. Nor, anymore, the energy. At least last spring I got the 500 pound brillo pad of lathe and mill shavings that had accumulated over the past couple of years to the scrapper. I wanted to do some house cleaning during the long dry season when I could stage a bunch of stuff outside while cleaning and organizing but couldn't stop production long enough to do it.
Someday ... in my dreams.

Ownerus, No photo shop for me, Sometimes it gets a bit messy but it gets cleaned up as soon as I can get it done and never let the cleaning get to far away from me. It is hard discipline and it takes time but Finish a project clean it up! If the shop is working hard and to fast to keep clean ya can always hire up a cleaner unless ya have kids of a decent age make them work!

And most shops are clean helps not loose things & keeps the place safe!

Just joking. My shop is a mess for "historical reasons". I used to do better but years of having to jump from one "brushfire" to another has compounded to produce the effect. I make most of my living in my shop and the need for several focus changes over that last 30 years have been disruptive to tidyness. I have a new product that's doing a little better so I hope to get back on top of it.
Just gotta roll with the punches.:)

The pictures in your link of moving machinery brings back many memories. I pulled a small turret lathe in 1980 (about 2500#) into my garage at the time using a come-along in similar manner. I've moved in a lot of machinery into my shop in the 40+ years I've been doing this. The heaviest so far was a No.3 Cincinnati mill. About 7K lbs. Every time can be an adventure.:eek: Especially when you have to do it on the cheap.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top