JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My hobbies are building stuff. Some stuff needs an engine, so here is my engine.. the Ford 221ci 59-ab engine, built between 1946-1948.

View attachment 1857959 View attachment 1857960 View attachment 1857961
You are right, up until 48 water cooling was centered Head, in 49 went to the front of the head.
I miss them, they were fun to work on. I had a hot rod with that engine souped up. Offenhauser
Heads, Eskandarian cam, 10/1 compression, and triple Stromberg's in a 32 ford rag top. Went like hell for the day.

CDL required?
No. CDL is a commercial drivers license. This not a commercial vehicle. Some states have various classes of non-commercial license, and in those few states, depending on your size, weight or combination you may need a license other than your standard drivers license. In most of those states, it would require the same license to pull with with my Volvo or my 1 ton dually.

In WA, you just need your regular divers license.

You are right, up until 48 water cooling was centered Head, in 49 went to the front of the head.
I miss them, they were fun to work on. I had a hot rod with that engine souped up. Offenhauser
Heads, Eskandarian cam, 10/1 compression, and triple Stromberg's in a 32 ford rag top. Went like hell for the day.
And now I know what non-gun folks feel like when I talk about guns. :s0140:

Is that a Toyota I see pulling a stuck Jeep out of the snow? o_O

:s0084:
Here's a Toyota needing a little assistance on the same adventure. In all fairness, he did blaze his own trail and almost got back out. All in a good day of fun with friends.

1000000176.jpg

Last Edited:
The older I get, the more the world changes, the more I want to live in the past. I had a steel "1923ish" T bucket as a teen, '50 Mercury 8CM with a hot cam and an Edmund's 4 barrel intake.

I now have a '27 T bucket to build up, nothing sounds quite as nice as a flatty.

Thought I would give you guys into planes a little show and tell. This is one of my Babies. I bought out of Cali in the early 80's. Not many hours on her. but she was stock. The first thing I did was replace the old Shower of Sparks Mags. Trying to do a hot start was almost feudal. When she was born, they had not perfected Waste gates for the IO 720 400 HP fuel in injected engine. Pictures show where
we had to louver the lower cowl on both sides to take the heat of the twin Turbo's. I had made a deal for some work I had done for Jerry Rosellle a premier
Hot Rod interior builder who begrudgingly did the Interior. He told me ( I thought you you were talking about a car). I on purpose said in whatever I choose.
He said you're right, I'll know better next time. From there I took her to Ogden
Utah for a three coat Polyurethane paint job. Since I was a big fan of playboy,
Airbrush Artist Ron Miles who did all the murals on the old smoke vans for the Beard in Portland was hired to do the Art work on the plane. We built stanchions
over the tail for him to work. Allen Budden who did all the Gold leaf work on my Trucks spent a full week doing the striping in between the colors and gold leaf
lettering. The name Champagne Lady came to me after I started getting the Bills
for every thing. My Dad was a B-26 pilot during the war and had girls on his plane
as most of the others. This is not the whole story, but didn't want to bore with all the details. The pictures are not that great, but you get the idea.

IMG_0290.jpg IMG_0291.jpg IMG_0303.jpg IMG_0295.JPG IMG_0298.jpg IMG_0292.jpg

One of the greats, Very nice
I finally finish my 2nd Teac reel deck that I resurrected last Friday. They haven't fired it for over 30 years. I totally over haul the moving part, re-oil, re-grease. Amazing the belt is not gummy and its still in 90% life. I took all that cleaned it, rejuvenate. Air clean the whole deck and disassemble all the front and rear compartment s I can reach everything, deoxite the finally ran it for the first in a long time. I spent over 30 minutes on the variac loading the power gradually.
Just like my other Teac, it came to life. Today I ran it for 5 hours and its dead quiet. I can believe how these old electronics caps can last that long. I have alot of Nakamichi cassette decks from 1981 to 2002. nit even 5% of these decks dropped any heavy problems at all besides complete transport repair. I have a very nice auto azimuth recorded that I recapped. With these new (current) electronic part that are not made in the US, Germany, British, Japan, I seriously doubt that my old one will out live the one I rebuilt.
Its a nice Saturday and a perfect time to get some burger at In and Out or Nancy Joe's.... :s0090:
I'm using my old reel player as a tape cleaner... :s0092:
1713068813370.jpeg

1713068887782.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR