JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had a few people tell me I should start selling my stuff. To be honest, I have no clue what kind of prices to charge if I do. It kinda makes me feel good that I do halfway decent work when people ask where we got something and my wife tells them I built it from scratch, lol.

I enjoy hunting, I enjoy shooting and welding, but fishing is where my passion is. I have spent many long wet days out on the river, loving every minute

2014 - 12 - 31 (3).JPG

Ya know getting paid what your hard work is worth as a Craftsman is a hit and miss thing.:s0121: My Wife and I used to make nice Jewelry using semi-precious Gems and real Silver and some Gold. We would try to sell our Handmade Jewelry at Flea Markets and such. Half the people would just look and ask questions, a quarter of people would offer insulting offers to already low prices and a quarter would pay our asking price and be nice about it.:s0144: Craftsman I have spoke with say most of the time you just get your Money back for cost of Materials and the Heart and Soul you put into your Creations:s0143: do not count to most buyers. Sad ! :s0075:

This is a 9 footer and I have greatly enjoyed it. Picked it up last winter for winter steelhead and it has been a great advantage. I also dream of picking up another 2-3 person pontoon/raft and do a 2-3 through some eastern oregon canyon rivers. Combining fishing/camping and hunting if the opportunity presents itself.

One of many hobbies that I enjoy is building things out of wood. Here's a coffee table I did for my wife.

Good and solid-looking table there - I like it. Trouble is that I'm also very partial to building things out of wood. Only the fact tha even a table that size would seriously fill the floor space of our house here in England.

tac

Mornin', all - take a look at these two movie clips of one of my live-steamers running a short consist on a pal's track -

There is a second and better part f you just let it play. The loco was built in 1983 from an Aster kit and was not run until I bought it in 2007. It is a really beautiful runner, alcohol-fired and needs a couple of top-ups before the fuel runs out - say 45 minutes or so, depending on the load. tac's trains has dozens of little clips like this - mostly my locos and a few belonging to friends.

tac

I collect historical wargaming miniatures. Here's a shot of my USN Fast Carrier Task Force from the defunct Axis & Allies War at Sea line:
100_2171-1.jpg

I'm also a historical consultant for a publisher doing WWI aircraft, WWII aircraft and Napoleonic naval miniatures. Here's one of their French Temeraire-class 74-gun Third Rate ships-of-the-line being used to evaluate a Chocolate Weapons mini ammo-can as a storage system...
100_2425_zps270e36d9.jpg

I also collect and build LEGO models. Here's an in-progress design from back when I was in college for one of the steam locomotives that pulled the New York Central's 1941 Empire State Express:
EmpireStateJ3a.jpg

I figured that it's about time we had some more good ol' Mercan steam locos, even if they are kinda smaller than usual. This here is my 1/20.3 Shay logging loco - a small sister to the one in Prineville OR -

Just like the full-size version this one is a water-hog. I filled up the boiler at each end of this clip...

The sharp-eyed out there will notice that it belongs to the Port Orford Coast RR, the main part of wich is owned and run by my dear friend Dick Smith down in PO. My short-line extension, reaching from Port Orford [notionally] to East Anglia, makes it the longest short line on the planet, by a matter of six-thousand miles or so. :D

tac

Swords are all Japanese-
Top one was an army officer parade saber (sold,but replaced with a 16th century wakizashi-my favorite of them all,but no pics at the moment)

2nd from top is an army NCO Sword With 2 bullets holes in it..reportedly brought back by a merchant marine who traded extra ice cream and snacks to a wounded marine on his boat ride home.good story anyway!

3rd is a 17th century katana with unreadable signature.

Bottom is a 16th century wakizashi signed by a smith of the BINGO MIHARA school.

Tell me about the swords, please.

Last Edited:
I'm currently mid-build on a couple scrambler projects with a buddy. Target finish date is spring-ish and the plan is to tear up some logging roads and do some overnight camping trips. We aren't doing full-on dual sport adventurers, just some low budget fun toys. Both are based on Honda twisted twins. We're maybe half way done at this point.
My buddy's is a CX500 that he picked up as someone else's aborted project dubbed the C-monster. At purchase...

Currently...

Originally these had twin rear shocks and the previous owner attempted a mono-shock conversion which looks cool but doesn't work all that well. We're not satisfied with the rear suspension so a major reworking is being planned.

Mine, code named project Zero, is based on a GL650 (Silverwing). Drivetrain is the same family but totally different frames. As purchased...

And currently...
Fun stuff right there. I've been jonesen for a MC project. May have to start looking again

And now is a great time of the year to buy-in. Lots of motivated sellers looking for Christmas funds. It can be cheap fun. I'll be about $1500-$1600 in to mine when it's finished. My buddy's CX will set him back just a couple hundred more because he just had to have custom exhaust.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top