JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know where I can get a good shoulder holster?? The one I have is from Uncle Mike's which I bought many years ago. Gettin worn out and time to replace.
Needs to fit xxl with beer gut. Pistol is .44 or .357 both with 6" barrels.
My main complaint is that the pistol will work its way towards my back when I walk which makes it diffecult to draw my pistol.
I can no longer carry on my hip. Bad hip. Gettin old sucks. :(

From Grants Pass, Portland gives me panick attacks. Even when I have to go to VA hospital.
Well there's your problem.. you should wear it around your neck like a binky.

just kidding!

Look at Bianchi, Safariland and I forget what else. I've got a few. They are leather with some steel springs and or whatnot.
I suspect you'll be saddled (lol) with a vertical, muzzle down rig with those 6" revolvers.
And you probably don't have to go down to Tigard to get fitted for a Blocker. just saying

If the rig slides behind you when the gun is in it, look for a holster that has a snap/tie down feature to anchor it on your belt or through as belt loop.

See Don at Ted Blocker in Tigard. He makes the best available and will custom fit you.
I have had dozens of his, and never been even the slightest disappointed.

I've never done business with them, but Don and the Ted Blocker team were very helpful on a research project about vertical shoulder holsters, as were the folks at A.E. Nelson--I was looking for a dual, vertical-carry shoulder rig and it was between a Blocker Dillinger Rig like they made for the movie Public Enemies or a rearrangement of the Nelson 58H/"Untouchables" rig, as they originally made for that old TV series. Never DID get a decision made... it was a Too Close To Call.

I've never done business with them, but Don and the Ted Blocker team were very helpful on a research project about vertical shoulder holsters, as were the folks at A.E. Nelson--I was looking for a dual, vertical-carry shoulder rig and it was between a Blocker Dillinger Rig like they made for the movie Public Enemies or a rearrangement of the Nelson 58H/"Untouchables" rig, as they originally made for that old TV series. Never DID get a decision made... it was a Too Close To Call.

Where he really shines is in LE equipment. He always has big contracts going on there. His favorite is the cowboy action stuff.
As for the leather they use.
I have had dozens of belts in my life, but lucky to get 5 yrs out of them. With Don's, I got 20 yrs and still going strong. George Lawrence stuff used to be pretty good, but I think they have been gone for a long time. They used to have a year wait for one of their motorcycle leathers. (back in the sidewinders days) :)
Bianchi Leather for an off the shelf holster always was pretty solid stuff too.
Have had several of theirs as well.
I hate that kydex stuff. A nice handgun needs good leather.
I relent on occasion to heavier nylon though. But only on a pack or vest.
No decent gun belongs in plastic :D

I guess kydex is ok for glocks (ducking)

Another vote for Blocker. It is fun to go to their showroom, look around and try stuff out. Warning though, you will see a lot of things that you want to take home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top