JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has there been any advancement in ways to shotgun ammo other then a belt with shell loops?

If you were going to carry a non-detachable magazine shotgun in a SHTF situation, how would you carry extra ammo?

ETA: 2 of my "main" shoguns do have side saddles on them and stock pouches.

Last Edited:
I really like the side saddle on my 1301. It is made by Aridus and is detachable. I got a couple of extra carriers for it but they were extremely expensive for what they are. While the shotgun I feel is really an excellent choice I am not sure that I could carry the potentially needed ammo or able to quickly reload it without some serious practice.

I just carry the shotshells like I did when in the army...
Either with a Claymore mine bag or in a ALICE / M56 or later style Butt Pack with a shoulder strap as a carrier.

Not the most cool or "tactical"...but it worked for me then...and works for me now.
Andy

Has there been any advancement in ways to shotgun ammo other then a belt with shell loops?

If you were going to carry a non-detachable magazine shotgun in a SHTF situation, how would you carry extra ammo?

ETA: 2 of my "main" shoguns do have side saddles on them and stock pouches.
I prefer detachable mag shotguns. Can hold 10 or 12 or 20 rounds in the mag and quick to change mags if needed. 20 rounds can be shot accurately in 4 seconds. If it's 2 3/4" #00 buck then that's roughly the equivalent of 180 shots of .380 in 4 seconds, which would give your adversary (what's left of him I mean) quite a bad day.

Last Edited:
Not much of a shotgun shooter. I have an old 870 Express with 18.5" barrel. I use a side saddle for buck and a butt sleeve for slugs, so I can rack, dump and switch up easily.

I just carry the shotshells like I did when in the army...
Either with a Claymore mine bag or in a ALICE / M56 or later style Butt Pack with a shoulder strap as a carrier.

Not the most cool or "tactical"...but it worked for me then...and works for me now.
Andy
I can't believe you tossed out a perfectly good claymore just to carry shot-shells!

Sing it, baby!!

Issue me a claymore mine, set it up straight, right on line… 'cuz all I ever wanna see are bodies fulla BB's!!!

:s0108:

I can't believe you tossed out a perfectly good claymore just to carry shot-shells!

Sing it, baby!!

Issue me a claymore mine, set it up straight, right on line… 'cuz all I ever wanna see are bodies fulla BB's!!!

:s0108:
Oh,..there was no tossing away a perfectly good Claymore mine....
Just like there was no reason to toss away a perfectly good shotgun shell carrier after using the Claymore that came in it...:D
Andy

Shotshell cards, you can replace the side saddle with velcro then just swap the card from whatever it's velcroed too. They also store well in mag pouches.

I think there are a few brands but this is a good example:
I like the concept. I can probably just make some of those.

I do have side saddles on both guns I would consider putting velcro on. Still the cards would work good for holding ammo in an AR pouch. Might just do double side loops to hold 14 rds together.

I prefer detachable mag shotguns. Can hold 10 or 12 or 20 rounds in the mag and quick to change mags if needed. 20 rounds can be shot accurately in 4 seconds. If it's 2 3/4" #00 buck then that's roughly the equivalent of 180 shots of .380 in 4 seconds, which would give your adversary (what's left of him I mean) quite a bad day.
I do have a Tromix conversion, however I also have others.

SHTF…..

4B464799-EC68-426F-9B5F-886BE69DD372.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews