JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My father owns a Rem 870 shotgun. He asked me to post a message to see if anybody could help with this problem. After shooting a round, the shotgun won't eject the spent shell without putting a lot of force on the pump handle. When playing with the gun, you can cycle loaded rounds with no problem. The problem seems to only happen after firing a shot with a spent shell in the chamber. Someone had suggested that there may be a bur inside the barrel that is hanging up the action. We have both taken a light to the barrel and found no bur.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Remington wants my father to send the shotgun back to them...$$$

Quite possibly a stupid question, but are you trying to run longer shells than the barrel is chambered for? If its a 2 3/4" chamber, 3" live shells would probably chamber, but would not extract well. That's all I could really think of would be causing this issue. Short of this, you are really going to need to take it to a professional, whether that be Remington or a local gunsmith...

I have seen this before. Take it to a gunsmith to polish out the firing chamber. They take just a little off and helps with the inconsistencies of different shells. I had a new 870 express that did the same thing. It has run perfect since getting this done.

I have seen this before. Take it to a gunsmith to polish out the firing chamber. They take just a little off and helps with the inconsistencies of different shells. I had a new 870 express that did the same thing. It has run perfect since getting this done.

Ok thanks, I will let him know....

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR