JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My father owns a Rem 870 shotgun. He asked me to post a message to see if anybody could help with this problem. After shooting a round, the shotgun won't eject the spent shell without putting a lot of force on the pump handle. When playing with the gun, you can cycle loaded rounds with no problem. The problem seems to only happen after firing a shot with a spent shell in the chamber. Someone had suggested that there may be a bur inside the barrel that is hanging up the action. We have both taken a light to the barrel and found no bur.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Remington wants my father to send the shotgun back to them...$$$

Quite possibly a stupid question, but are you trying to run longer shells than the barrel is chambered for? If its a 2 3/4" chamber, 3" live shells would probably chamber, but would not extract well. That's all I could really think of would be causing this issue. Short of this, you are really going to need to take it to a professional, whether that be Remington or a local gunsmith...

I have seen this before. Take it to a gunsmith to polish out the firing chamber. They take just a little off and helps with the inconsistencies of different shells. I had a new 870 express that did the same thing. It has run perfect since getting this done.

I have seen this before. Take it to a gunsmith to polish out the firing chamber. They take just a little off and helps with the inconsistencies of different shells. I had a new 870 express that did the same thing. It has run perfect since getting this done.

Ok thanks, I will let him know....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads