JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Alexx1401
During the summer I set up a display a few times at the Hawken Shop in Oak Harbor...
Ifin' you want a chance to shoot a muzzle loader...l'll let you know when I am there.
Andy
Thanks, that collection of yours would be GREAT to even see much less shoot. I played with this stuff a lot back in the 70's. Ended up with a couple of the old Ruger .44's. When I see what they sell for now kind of wish I had kept at least one of them.:eek:
On one I had a Smith shorten the barrel to 5". He did such a great job many who saw it thought it came from the factory like that and would ask me where I found it. Ruger must have gotten a lot of comments since they later offered the damn thing like that factory.
Had a replica double 12 Ga for a while. Used to even shoot some clay with it. LOT of people of course would want to try it when they saw me. It would be cool as hell to be able to actually shoot one that was made long before I was born.:D

Thanks, that collection of yours would be GREAT to even see much less shoot. I played with this stuff a lot back in the 70's. Ended up with a couple of the old Ruger .44's. When I see what they sell for now kind of wish I had kept at least one of them.:eek:
On one I had a Smith shorten the barrel to 5". He did such a great job many who saw it thought it came from the factory like that and would ask me where I found it. Ruger must have gotten a lot of comments since they later offered the damn thing like that factory.
Had a replica double 12 Ga for a while. Used to even shoot some clay with it. LOT of people of course would want to try it when they saw me. It would be cool as hell to be able to actually shoot one that was made long before I was born.:D
Those Ruger Old Army revolvers were fine indeed.
And , like you...shooting in a shotgun match with a muzzle loader is fun...and lots of folks are amazed that you can hit with 'em...
As well as wanting to try it themselves.

I'll shoot you a PM when I set up there if you would like.
Andy

Those Ruger Old Army revolvers were fine indeed.
And , like you...shooting in a shotgun match with a muzzle loader is fun...and lots of folks are amazed that you can hit with 'em...
As well as wanting to try it themselves.

I'll shoot you a PM when I set up there if you would like.
Andy
If I can get out that way when you are there I will. Be fun to meet you and that collection you take around with you!!!

I read a couple years ago about how ML pistols are becoming very popular in countries where conventional cartridge guns are are difficult to own, or unobtainable, but ML guns can sneak around the regs of the country even if they are regulated to some degree, or possibly not at all.

Therefore I cannot help but to think this is a motivating factor for AGC to build guns like this, and where a lot of them will probably end up.

And when I said 'popular' I should have said with the criminal element as I remember the article referencing.

Last Edited:
I read a couple years ago about how ML pistols are becoming very popular in countries where conventional cartridge guns are are difficult to own, or unobtainable, but ML guns can sneak around the regs of the country even if they are regulated to some degree, or possibly not at all.

Therefore I cannot help but to think this is a motivating factor for AGC to build guns like this, and where a lot of them will probably end up.

And when I said 'popular' I should have said with the criminal element as I remember the article referencing.
That kook who killed that leader in Japan a bit ago used some kind of homemade gun. Using powder from fireworks IIRC. Shows its pretty hard to keep people from doing this when they want to. Any of the modern reproductions like this could be made to work with the stuff fireworks are made of very easily. They could be loaded with any kind of gun powder the dobads could lay hands on too. Risky to both the person gun was pointed at and the one holding it but damn things would easily fire. :D

I'm not in to useless firearms.
I would hope few buy these to actually use as a tool for anything, defense, hunting and such. They are a big boys toy. Kind of like those hand crank gatteling guns made to shoot 9mm or ones that use two 10/22's together. All are things I would LOVE to play with if someone else bought them. Too much money for me to buy myself. Would be all kinds of fun to play with though if all I had to pay for was ammo :D

I used to have a Classic Arms twister in 36 caliber that I loaded like a shotgun used a 9 mm shell casing of number 8 shot and about the same load of 3F black powder I think it cost $129 for the kit

I would hope few buy these to actually use as a tool for anything, defense, hunting and such. They are a big boys toy. Kind of like those hand crank gatteling guns made to shoot 9mm or ones that use two 10/22's together. All are things I would LOVE to play with if someone else bought them. Too much money for me to buy myself. Would be all kinds of fun to play with though if all I had to pay for was ammo :D
I own some very expensive fun guns that currently are just for fun and investment. Might I use it on Varmints post move? Sure.
And since I can get things for fun, I do.

I own some very expensive fun guns that currently are just for fun and investment. Might I use it on Varmints post move? Sure.
And since I can get things for fun, I do.
Certainly NOTHING wrong with that. I have some roll their eye's at some of the stuff I buy. I could care less. Until they start going to work for me they do not get to tell me what I want to play with.
The select fire air rifle I recently bought was a great example. I could and may end up using it to dispatch 4 legged predators but that was just a way to make me feel a little better about how much I paid for it. :D
Damn gun alone was almost 1K and I have spent many hundred more for it since I got the thing and it is just a big boys toy. Damn fun toy but still a toy. Have had so much fun with it I do not regret buying it and keep looking real hard at another item the same Co makes.

Certainly NOTHING wrong with that. I have some roll their eye's at some of the stuff I buy. I could care less. Until they start going to work for me they do not get to tell me what I want to play with.
The select fire air rifle I recently bought was a great example. I could and may end up using it to dispatch 4 legged predators but that was just a way to make me feel a little better about how much I paid for it. :D
Damn gun alone was almost 1K and I have spent many hundred more for it since I got the thing and it is just a big boys toy. Damn fun toy but still a toy. Have had so much fun with it I do not regret buying it and keep looking real hard at another item the same Co makes.
I have 2 MGs. I enjoy shooting them. I have suppressors and SBS's and SBRs that are just for fun. Ironically for hunting I would use my trust Encore. I would definitely consider my SBRs for any home defense duties, but in truth, I really carry revolvers as often as not.

I have 2 MGs. I enjoy shooting them. I have suppressors and SBS's and SBRs that are just for fun. Ironically for hunting I would use my trust Encore. I would definitely consider my SBRs for any home defense duties, but in truth, I really carry revolvers as often as not.
I really miss having select fire guns. Back when I lived where I could I had a couple and they too were a ton of damn fun. Would LOVE to have another M3, was always my hands down favorite. If Wife and I end up moving to a free state I very well may buy myself another one. It would be a toy but what a fun damn toy! :D

For these to be legal, they have to be like the Tuarus Judge and the last 1/2 of the barrel has to be rifle or it is a short barrel shotgun
We are talking about the front stuffers that get advertised here a lot. Couple places make them now. In most states you can order one up by mail because they are not a firearm under Fed laws. If you want to make one up like the old Auto Burglar than you have to paper it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top