JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
tl's post was sarcasm...

Dude! Go start your own thread for christs sake and all of ours! This thread is about shotgun info and not your personal sharing thread on the best way to do things. So stop thread crapping already.

I have no problem understanding your "point" as can most likely everyone on this thread. It really isn't a new concept or even a complicated one as you keep pointing out, but it isn't a FACT, it's your opinion. If you think otherwise then your as dumb as I think you are.

What YOU can't seem to understand is that no one asked or solicited your opinions on that point your trying to make so your point is mute.

Yes, this thread is indeed about shotgun info, and I gave my opinion on how to best gain such knowledge. I shared my opinions, just like everyone else.

This thread only went off on a tangent, when you decide to act as the master of the forum, and lecture me about my advice. You butted into the conversation that I was having with the OP. And now you want to blame ME for the conversation getting side tracked? Give me a break dude. You could not be more of a hypocrite to be putting the blame on me.

And you continue to be so condescending in your remarks. Take your own earlier advice Joe, and get off your stupid high horse, and stop being so pushy and high-handed. Just who do you think that you are, to be ordering me around?

If you don't want to hear anymore from me, try doing this: Don't criticize and insult me in a post, like you did here in your latest message to me.

Last Edited:
@Lance Jacobs

I may be off by a number, but just glancing at the thread I counted 3 likes on your posts (one of which is mine on your first post) and around 14 likes on my posts. Now this can be construed in a lot of different ways but I think it is safe to assume that I have a lot more support for my opinion of your second and every proceeding post then you do of mine.

I started out pretty polite or so I thought and this has degraded into an off topic discussion of your (in my opinion) unwanted lecturing about how the "best" way to go about learning this or any subject is.

My continued condescending tone is due to the frustration that the whole forum but you seems to get that your posts about anything other then shotgun specific advice in this thread is NOT wanted nor has it been solicited.

(And it's not like you aren't liked; I myself have added quite a few numbers too your overall Likes count, from posts in other threads)

Someone had to be the bubblegum and this time it was me I guess. The OP (and others) even responded negatively to your posts so it's not like it's only me posting things calling you out on your bubblegum opinions.

Sometimes "opinions" CAN be wrong because they are not "fact". So just because you have one, doesn't neccesarily make it "correct or right".

If you don't want to hear anymore from me, try doing this: Don't criticize and insult me in a post, like you did here in your latest message to me.

Eh, the ignore button is easy enough to click. You just happened to catch me during a time where I had plenty of time to counter your preaching. That and I didn't want to miss any conversation's to me from you as I have invited you to continue this somewhere other then in this thread.

I haven't made use of the ignore feature because this has been too entertaining to stop. The more you post the more you prove my point, but what do I know?:p

Looking forward to your response, as it seems you can't leave this alone and I have both insulted and criticized your opinion:confused:.

Cheers!

Joe;)

I started out pretty polite or so I thought and this has degraded into an off topic discussion of your (in my opinion) unwanted lecturing about how the "best" way to go about learning this or any subject is.

My continued condescending tone is due to the frustration that the whole forum but you seems to get that your posts about anything other then shotgun specific advice in this thread is NOT wanted nor has it been solicited.

I only posted an explanation of my viewpoints so that you could better understand them. But all I have been complaining about in my recent messages is your rude and condescending tone. That is the only topic that I have been discussing for quite some time now.

And the plain fact is that everything that you have said to me here has been totally unnecessary. I wasn't speaking to you. You interjected yourself into the conversation. I was just doing my best in offering him what I consider to be good, helpful advice. I could care less what you think of my advice.

And if anyone here is guilty of "lecturing" in this thread, it is most certainly yourself, the way that you have continued to go on and on like this about me, like some kind of broken record. In fact, I would say that you have pursued going me in a most maniacal and obsessive manner here in this thread.

I haven't made use of the ignore feature because this has been too entertaining to stop.

Well, thanks for that. That pretty much proves my earlier point: You are only posting to criticize, attack, and aggravate me, and for no other purpose. I guess that you get enjoyment out of bullying others like this.

Why don't you give your Vendetta against me a rest?? Ever thought of that?

I'm sure you are trying to be helpful as all your points had merit except IMO shaming him a bit about not googling the net about this stuff first

All of my post was positive until this last point that I did not agree with.

A person needs to become self-reliant, in order to be successful in life. There is no substitute for personal knowledge and experience. And you cannot gain adequate knowledge and experience by simply asking other people their opinions in an online forum. It is not at all an effective way to learn the basics of any subject of any kind. Now once you do have a foundation of basic knowledge down on a subject, then asking more specific questions in a forum to build upon that knowledge can be helpful.

He could read some books on skeet and trap ( before the Internet, there were things called books that existed ), and he could most definitely learn a lot first hand at his local shooting range, as I recommended to him ( did not notice anyone else making that recommendation ). I see that the Clark County Gun Club does indeed have a number of different types and gauges of shotguns that are available to rent. Or if any of his friends or relatives owns a shotgun, he should ask them to give him instruction. So I would also recommend that he impose on any friends or relatives that might be able to help.

I was most fortunate as I learned a ton of stuff about guns, shooting, and hunting from my dad and my mother's uncle. My dad had Browning Auto-5's and my granduncle had a Winchester Model 12. That is how I began in these sports. My dad grew up living on a farm in the Sacramento Valley in California, which was pretty much a bird hunter's paradise back then. So he knew a lot about shotguns that he past on to me. But I also read quite a few books, too.

So no, my feedback about him not doing any homework stands. It is a most valid point to make. He will do much better in life, if he follows that advice.

Your whole post above is a lecture... And rubbed more then just me the wrong way.

Guess we will just have to agree to disagree - no harm in that.

I tried to end our discussion in a pleasant way.

You know, I could not help but notice that you and the OP both live in Vancouver. If you really want to help him out, you should offer to take him to a local range and teach him some basics about shotguns. Let him even shoot some trap and/or skeet with one of your shotguns.

That would be of far greater help to him, than critiquing my advice to him.

In this next post you are outright telling me what to do (that thing you keep accusing me of...)

BTW, I thought "agreeing to disagree" was a much nicer ways to end the discussion between us

At which point I stared calling you out on your bullbubblegum opinion.

I only find this entertaining only because your like a dog with a chew toy that won't let it go.

You sir threw the first stone, I just called you out on it.

I'm sorry that my logic is above your head and your feeling like I have something against you.

I am comfortable with my statements and can't fathom how you are feeling bullied? If you want to take this to a less restricted sub forum then I could start to get real nasty but I feel I have moderated my own responses appropriately. Feel free to file a complaint with the Mods if your feeling attacked. Or make use of the ignore button next to my name.

sorry boys I tried to kill this thread. I asked the mods for it some days ago. We are way off topic its no longer related to shotguns or anything I had intended.

Please kill this thread if not for me - for the children.

sorry boys I tried to kill this thread. I asked the mods for it some days ago. We are way off topic its no longer related to shotguns or anything I had intended.

Please kill this thread if not for me - for the children.
...but we're still interested in what you decided on!....when you make that decision. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top