JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello! I'm Colorado Luckydog AKA Bryan! I thought I'd take a shot at starting my first real thread here. I'll go first!

1. Benelli Montefeltro 20 ga 26" for Ducks, doves and pheasants.

2. Benelli Montefeltro 12 ga 26" for Ducks and geese.

I'm a Benelli guy for sure. I almost gave up on them years ago though. Mine kept freezing up in super cold temps. I called Benelli and they told me to switch to synthetic oil and put it on super light. I have had zero problems since then and that was probably 15 years ago. If I ever switch back to gas, I'd go Beretta for sure! Thanks again for having me here!

"Go To Shotgun For Game You Actually Hunt Specific Bird Species"

FIFY!:D

(The title was intriguing, but none of the game I typically hunt have feathers)

Last Edited:
Hello! I'm Colorado Luckydog AKA Bryan! I thought I'd take a shot at starting my first real thread here. I'll go first!

1. Benelli Montefeltro 20 ga 26" for Ducks, doves and pheasants.

2. Benelli Montefeltro 12 ga 26" for Ducks and geese.

I'm a Benelli guy for sure. I almost gave up on them years ago though. Mine kept freezing up in super cold temps. I called Benelli and they told me to switch to synthetic oil and put it on super light. I have had zero problems since then and that was probably 15 years ago. If I ever switch back to gas, I'd go Beretta for sure! Thanks again for having me here!
I've been running a benelli sbe2 for work and rec for 15 years or better. Shooting somewhere around 3000+ rounds a year with 50% of them being 3 1/2 inch bb or bbb. I've had no problems with the gun and definitely don't clean it as much as I should. We tried some of the beretta on different projects over the years and the just don't hold up like the sbe

Beretta A400 for all upland & waterfowl.

Beretta 1301 21" for Turkey.

Last year I picked up a Henry single shot and started using it for upland just for S&G. I'll probably use it for Turkey as well.

Before that it was a Benelli Nova for everything. Still have it, but prefer the others, obviously.

Weatherby SA-08, 26" barrel in 3" 12ga. (no longer in production) for birds, runs flawless wet or dry, hot or cold. I've taken scores of birds with it. I paid less than $400 NIB about 10 or 11-yrs ago.
IMG_0353.jpeg

Killed a lot of deer with slugs out of my 1100 back in Michigan. My 1100 remington shooting remington slugs is very accurte out to about 125 yards.

12 ga 870 Wingmaster. 26" ribbed barrel. My mainstay for many years.
Mossberg bolt 12 ga with variable choke, first shotgun I owned, clunky in the field as I wasnt actually physically big enuff to handle it, and when I grew into it, I got a pump...
12 ga Pedersoli double b.p. for pretty much anything pawed or winged. Could conceivably use it for deer, but I won't cuz I have two .54-gery Hawkens.
Not counting a couple of non-hunting 12 ga patrol shotguns that retired when I did. One with ghost ring sight and tritium front could be used for hunting but never has.

Remmy 1187 Super Mag .12 gau for EVERYTHING, Runs when frozen, full of river muck, or boat blind grime, frozen mix of dog drool and fur, works flawlessly every single time, Never had any failures EVER, pretty close to 20,000 rounds mixed betwixt trap, 3 gun, and hunting. runs interchangeably between 2 3/4 shells all through the 3 1/2 inchers in every loading you could shove in the mag tube, it literally doesn't care, you can quite literally grab any mix of random 12 gau. shell size and type and it will feed and fire and eject all of them with out any hiccups, it will NOT however feed or cycle mini shells,, but it will fire them if single loaded and it will eject them!

Second choice is a Winchester SX-3, lightning fast cycling, much faster then all other Semi Autos Except the Benelli Super Vinci, and I ain't spending that kind of coin to be that much cooler, the WInny is just that good, and though not as reliable as the 1187, it is damn reliable enough for my needs!

Third is the Gold Standard of all shotguns worldwide, the Remington 870, in this case, a pair, a Super Magnum, and a T.C. light weight trap gun, both in .12 gau. and both are flawless.

Lastly, a Remington Peerless O/U cause it's SO much nicer for upland birds, and it fits better then both the Ruger Red Label or the Browning Citori, and Franchi hadn't come out with their full line of O/U's yet, but boy, are they slick!

I don't hunt birds, but if I ever do, I'll use the same gun I bust clays with.
Stoeger Condor. I shoot it fairly well and it's never missed a beat.

Stoeger Condor.jpg

Remington 11 for turkey. 12ga, 30" full bbl. Got my second Jake yesterday with it.
Winchester 12 for upland. 12ga, weaver chokes
Baikal side by side 12 for 3" shells for waterfowl.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top