JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe 100 at most 15491410523193101224554526677272.jpg 15491411283063982731255338504792.jpg

You could. It's not worth it anymore with the price of lead shot being so expensive.

You can by reclaimed shot from some of the ranges for pretty cheap.

Otherwise it's pretty easy to load really.

Those look like Win AA clones or knockoffs... If you look inside the shell and the plastic goes all the way to the primer, then they are very reloadable. If they have a paper base inside, not so much.

If I was still reloading shotshells, I wouldn't drive more than 10min to take those. If it was 2000, that'd be diff. Nice of you to pick them up tho!!

Edit: $12.99 for 200 empty hulls at Cabela's... even cheaper on Ebay. Free is good but then there's time and gas money too.

Ya, hard to beat preprimed hulls these days.

Buckshot can be made for really cheap if you roll your own.

Recycle those, and if you're really nice take the plastic off.
I've discussed this with Waste Management and my local Garbarinos. Both prefer they just be added to the trash. It sucks, but they don't want them in the recycling bins.

So melt them down and then throw them in?
It's not something they want, mostly due to not having good machinery to separate it correctly from other metal scrap.

Most of these places get so much stuff they can't recycle in their recycling bins, that they have a hard time requesting new stuff in that's considerably recyclable.

It sucks, trust me.

I had a conversation about steel cases. They like them, they are recyclable, but they don't want to advertise it as they get live rounds all the time and it falls back into they can't separate it correctly, currently.

It would be cool if they could do more, but they are actually doing a huge service already that no one really sees or understands.

As for reloading.

I've reused tons of short base hulls. I have a tendency to pick the more expensive hills over the cheaper stuff simply because the plastics tend to be thicker.

I'm sure it also falls under the catagory of being of two different materials which are not easily seperated. Like how you can't recycle boxes with paper and foil or plastic.

One thing I do understand is they aren't funded as well as they should be.

For me...…
I've found that reloading SG shells to be waste of my time. Considering the cheap promo SG shells that can be frequently found at less than $5 a box.

BUT...….if I was shooting something other than the promo stuff.....I might just consider it.

Aloha, Mark

I still reload shotshell, but mostly because the females in the household (and to be honest, me too) like the "powderpuff" load I developed for trap loads that you can shoot all day long without getting sore. I have reloaded those Estate hulls. You get two maybe three cycles out of them before the crimp folds break.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top