JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What exactly is in those?

I don't recall exactly where I picked them up, but doing some organizing today I ran across a bunch. Just hi-brass mini shells by appearance.

This seller suggests their use is for perimeter alarm booby traps? I imagine it's just a very large powder charge with not much else...

This one says it's used like a flashbang by "elite units" out of their shotguns... so again just assuming it's tons of powder otherwise there would have to be a projectile coming out of 'em and neither theoretical use seems to be geared toward putting holes in people, just loud noise
Yeah. These are flashbangs I believe, but it seems like if it was just straight powder the report wouldn't be very loud without gas compression. It just made me wonder what they might use in addition to increase the sound and produce the flash.

Many standard shells only do about 120 decibels.

I guess I could cut one open, but IIRC they weren't cheap and I don't know that I would be able to identify whatever else there might be besides powder. I just figured someone around here might be familiar with their contents.

Edit: I tried to read a little and ammonium nitrate came up, but not sure if that's what they use in the shot shell variety.

We use to get 12 gauge "Shell crackers" from the Washington game department for scaring the Deer out
of the orchards. Sure was allot of fun when I was a kid. They also gave us real M-80 fire crackers
and fuse rope.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads