JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know that Washington Residents are allowed to have and use the short barreled shotguns with pistol grips. Are Washington Residents allowed to own and use a short barreled shotgun with a fixed or adjustable stock? Thank you.

Check this out.

The Serbu on the bottom, came from the Remington factory with a stock attached before heading to Serbu for the conversion.

The Serbu on the top left the Mossberg factory with a pistol grip and 18" bbl before heading to the same place, for the same conversion.

The bottom Serbu is a SBS (Illegal in WA) The top Serbu is and AOW (Totally legal in WA)

DSC00582.jpg

So just to clarify. I can add a pistol grip to my 18.5" Remington which left the factory with a stock, but I cannot shorten the barrel length at all becuase that would make it an SBS. Is this correct?

Check this out.

The Serbu on the bottom, came from the Remington factory with a stock attached before heading to Serbu for the conversion.

The Serbu on the top left the Mossberg factory with a pistol grip and 18" bbl before heading to the same place, for the same conversion.

The bottom Serbu is a SBS (Illegal in WA) The top Serbu is and AOW (Totally legal in WA)

DSC00582.jpg
I bet those thing are a real handful.

No it's a 590A1 AOW from the factory, Model #51683

6 SHOT 12ga 3" chamber HEAVY WALL BBL, METAL TRIG GRD & SAFETY BUTTON, 14" BARREL, BEAD SIGHT, CYLINDER BORE 26 1/2" O.A.L., PARKERIZED, PISTOL GRIP SYNTHETIC (BLACK) 5 3/4 LBS

<broken link removed>

Washington Attorney General on Whether certain weapons meet the statutory definition of “short-barreled shotgun.

<broken link removed>

It's some dry reading but at least you know you can own an "AOW" in Washington.

Check this out.

DSC00582.jpg

It is my understanding that you are correct. I was always told that you can build a short barreled shotgun from a receiverer. The AOW fee is much cheaper. I think it was Sept 6 1996 when the door closed for cutting a full blown shotgun. As well as short barreled rifles. What was already legally owned at that time was grandfathered in so you could keep what you had. BUT...you can not sell it to ANYBODY in this state. It has to go out of state to sell.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top