Gun Deals
Southwest Firearms Forum
Oregon Rifleworks
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Sporting Systems
J&B Firearm Sales
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Short barreled shotgun in Washington

Reactions
Any Other Weapon. Technically speaking, the BATFE classifies the AOW as a smooth bore pistol...

Just sayin'! ;)
That's not true either... Many types of guns fit into AOW, many with rifled bores. Smooth bores are just one type of AOW's.

Reactions
AOW - any other weapon, is a category of firearms which do not fall into any
of the other federal definitions: pistol, rifle, shotgun, destructive device,
short bbl rifle, short bbl shotgun, silencer.......and then, 'any other weapon'.

the wonderful tome, written by James Bardwell (attorney) remains one of the best NFA,
Title 2 introductions available: http://www.titleii.com/bardwell/nfa_faq.txt

Reactions
That's not true either... Many types of guns fit into AOW, many with rifled bores. Smooth bores are just one type of AOW's.
I should have been less vague. I've had discussions with ATF examiners(thanks to Coctailer for providing phone numbers) and they all stated that an AOW shotgun is considered a smooth bore pistol.

Mind you, this was about a year ago and the agency has a tendecy to change rules as they see fit, without advance and without warning.

Check your local listings, you mileage may vary, etc., etc. ;)

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a second gunsmithing job completed by Mr. Copeland. As with the first, he did amazingly good work, communication was solid, and the rates...
    • CountryGent
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online