JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait...so am I understanding this correctly? The political pukes made it mandatory to have a background check for all PPT's but then made it optional for FFL's with respect to supporting this activity?

So what would happen if every FFL in Washington state refused to facilitate PPT's?

Sold a gun to a friend and was going to transfer it at LGS. I was also going to buy a new G40. They told me they don't do private transfers, but are having a Glock sale the end of the month with free schit when you buy a gun. I was not happy and will be damned if I ever go there again. It sucks too, because I've bought a number of guns from them and always liked going there. It's their business and they can do as they please.

Pretty stupid for them to do that. I'm wondering why they wouldn't welcome the extra revenue? I would have also told them they can keep their Glock's, no matter how good the sale is next month... ;)

They used to do transfers there for auction buys, etc. I believe they nixed ALL transfers once the Oregon law changed.

Bad Dog in Philomath will do private transfers.

Wait...so am I understanding this correctly? The political pukes made it mandatory to have a background check for all PPT's but then made it optional for FFL's with respect to supporting this activity?

So what would happen if every FFL in Washington state refused to facilitate PPT's?
Then we would have this thing called "standing". :cool:

Sold a gun to a friend and was going to transfer it at LGS. I was also going to buy a new G40. They told me they don't do private transfers, but are having a Glock sale the end of the month with free schit when you buy a gun. I was not happy and will be damned if I ever go there again. It sucks too, because I've bought a number of guns from them and always liked going there. It's their business and they can do as they please.
So a gun store refuses to be a part of the latest effort to destroy your rights, refuses to get involved in transfers that should not even be needed refuses to put themselves in a position where they have to deal with possibly taking guns into their inventory that they may not be able to either keep or transfer, and you want to attack them? They should be congratulated for standing up.

I hope you told them why you don't want to do business there any more. Better yet, write them a nice letter telling them about it. Don't be rude and don't swear at them. Just explain your point of view.

I deal with a local man, (ryanjudysports.com 503-260-8832) who has been handling my transfers. His fee is reasonable and he is pleasant to deal with. He does not live in your area, but I am sure there are plenty of other dealers who are.

Think about this guys... requiring BGC for private transfers is an illegal law, and it should have been stricken but no one's had the spine to go at it properly. I've maintained since BloomingIdiotBurg was sending his money to stump for this thing that FFL's are not REQUIRED to run BGC for any gun they are not selling out of their own inventory. It is extra paperwork, and somewhat of a liability. and they don't have to. I tried to get folks to listen and petition their gun shops to refuse to do them. Nevada's Attourney General has done that.... said no Nevada shop MUST run them. then FBI said they won't spend the money to run private BGC for face to face sales from Nevada FFL's. That's what SHOULD have happened here. If NO FFL would run them, what would the state do? Nothing they can do. That law was illegal in that it REQUIRED a federal level official (the FFL) to perform an action he is not REQUIRED to perform. Among half a dozen other things.

I wish every FFL in Wasnington and Oregon would do what Nevada's FFL's have done... simply say MAKE ME!!!! Ya CAIN'T.

We'd have those stupid laws nullified.

A simple transfer for someone...

Sure no problem. Oh you charge more than 10-15$??? what a rip off

Me: Customer sends me a screenshot of an item he bought online...
Me: Um ok I need more than that, forward me the confirmation email
Customer: Do they have my email address?
Customer: I dont even have an account with that online auction website thing.
Me: well you hit the buy it now, didn't you?
Customer: wait can you get me a better price on that pistol? But I want it with this $125 set of night sights.....
Me: you sent me a screenshot of a buy it now page, at 1:30 AM last night, you didn't actually use buy it now?
Customer: NO
Me: so do you want that pistol? I will purchase it and get it here in a few days.
Customer: Ok
Customer: WAIT Do I have to pay shipping? Because that buy it now auction had free shipping! But did not have the night sights I wanted.
Me; o_O losing interest in all this, and its 6pm now
Me; let me look around and see what I can find
Customer; calls at 6:45am wondering when his new pistol will arrive, and hey what kind of grips came on it.
Me: I don't even have shoes on yet...So no your new pistol isn't here yet.
Me: I go online and do the buy it now option and guess what free shipping was for last weekend only.
Customer: Oh that's ok we can split the shipping cost
Me: a couple days later, @ 10 am hey your gun is here.
Customer: calls me back 5 minutes before closing, and wants me to stay and do the transfer for him
Me: Ok whatever, shows up at nearly 8pm
Customer: hey did you take my pistol all apart and slick up the action?
Me: Did you want me to? I charge $150 or so for an action job..
Customer: Oh no that's to expensive...well you're a gunsmith don't you do that to all custom order pistols?
Me: NO
Me: time to do the transfer, and pay, balks at the $15 fee which is 10 to the state and 5 to me
No never mind that the customer has had me looking for some night sights, a better deal overall, free shipping, different grips, has texted me 75 times in the last 5 days, has emailed me 11 times. ( I kid you not) all over one transaction!!
So yeah that sounds about right. Some people I am picky as bubblegum as to who I do transfers for!
Lets not forget the login, logout, etc etc oh wait I hear thats the easy part of it

@MountainBear
So what you're saying is:
Business would be great if it weren't for those damned customers

I have bought from them and been happy with them and i have been there another time and not liked the reception I have gotten. Since they are a long drive from PDX I decided that they weren't working hard enough to keep my business, so on I went.

So what you're saying is:
Business would be great if it weren't for those damned customers

Correct, most customers are absolutely awesome. 99.5% of them. Only takes a few to ruin the fun of it all. And that's why I keep doing it, because its fun!
I always go out of my way to explain the entire process. Some people run into a road block there :D

I'm a research kinda guy. If I'm in a store it's because I've done a week or two of research, maybe more and mulled over it a few days. I am also there because the price is competitive. I rarely buy on impulse, unless it's food...then I have to look at the menu for 20 minutes

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top