JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For you guys Velzey and MountainBear not in the primary business of firearms sales, I can see this as a big issue for you guys, and I understand completely why it's a loosing proposition for you!
Agree.
A small shop, esp. a one man shop wouldn't have the time to do transfers.
Big shops with sales employees should be able to do the transfers.

Probably not much money in it for them for the amount of hassles but now that it's the only way to transfer a gun they either need to suck it up and be competitive or loose their repeat business.
Actually, going through an FFL is not "the only way to transfer a gun". Just the most preferred method by the elitists that are running rough shod on the citizens of Oregon.

Actually, going through an FFL is not "the only way to transfer a gun". Just the most preferred method by the elitists that are running rough shod on the citizens of Oregon.

I'm well aware the black market, but what's the other legal way to make a transfer?

I certainly don't want a carry gun that gets used to be supposedly owned by someone else that bought it in 2016...

Sold a gun to a friend and was going to transfer it at LGS. I was also going to buy a new G40. They told me they don't do private transfers, but are having a Glock sale the end of the month with free schit when you buy a gun. I was not happy and will be damned if I ever go there again. It sucks too, because I've bought a number of guns from them and always liked going there. It's their business and they can do as they please.

Too bad you did not see fit to call them out by name. I would have, along with reporting them to the local news agencies to get the word out locally.

Customer feedback is what make or breaks this kind of thing so why not name them? I just don't get it?

Your choice, but you owe them nothing, so I say, don't protect them, call them out by name publicly.

Um, on the other hand, I do recognize I am a bit more extreme then most so maybe I am the one who is wrong? Maybe we should respect their decision and protect them right? It would simply be wrong to apply public pressure upon them as after all they are gun dealers and as a private local business we probably should respect their rights to do as they please and withdraw support from the local gun community as they have and act in a way that maximizes their interest and profit at our expense, ya, I'm just to darn extreme, lets protect them, don't tell use their name.

This is pretty much why I decided to say screw the transfer law and buy/sell guns without subjecting myself to that BS. Maybe I'll get caught and maybe I wont just like when I was on the freeway yesterday and was going 75mph, oh crap I broke the law, along with every one else around me who was doing 75.

Robert

I'm well aware the black market, but what's the other legal way to make a transfer?

I certainly don't want a carry gun that gets used to be supposedly owned by someone else that bought it in 2016...
A person is able to "legally" transfer a firearm to certain relatives (without a BGC). In your original post (#7) you didn't say 'legally'. I was just pointing out that you don't "have" to do the transfer through an FFL. I'm not saying that someone should, just saying that a person could.

Customer feedback is what make or breaks this kind of thing so why not name them? I just don't get it?

Your choice, but you owe them nothing, so I say, don't protect them, call them out by name publicly.

I think sometimes it's good to just keep the word wars out of it and walk away. For example...I previously stated I didn't want to say the name of the business I did work for. I could go on and on about why I left. In the end, if a person or business is having some character issues, it's only a matter of time until most gun buyers know who it is. It's only a matter of time until others learn what you know. People who make poor choices will always ruin their own image. No help is needed.

A person is able to "legally" transfer a firearm to certain relatives (without a BGC). In your original post (#7) you didn't say 'legally'. I was just pointing out that you don't "have" to do the transfer through an FFL. I'm not saying that someone should, just saying that a person could.

Yea, those that follow the laws are the only ones hurt by them...

Criminals don't apply for BGC's:confused:, neither should the smart people I suppose.

I did buy G40 MOS today
Too bad you did not see fit to call them out by name. I would have, along with reporting them to the local news agencies to get the word out locally.

Um, on the other hand, I do recognize I am a bit more extreme then most so maybe I am the one who is wrong? Maybe we should respect their decision and protect them right? It would simply be wrong to apply public pressure upon them as after all they are gun dealers and as a private local business we probably should respect their rights to do as they please and withdraw support from the local gun community as they have and act in a way that maximizes their interest and profit at our expense, ya, I'm just to darn extreme, lets protect them, don't tell use their name.

This is pretty much why I decided to say screw the transfer law and buy/sell guns without subjecting myself to that BS. Maybe I'll get caught and maybe I wont just like when I was on the freeway yesterday and was going 75mph, oh crap I broke the law, along with every one else around me who was doing 75.

Robert

There is only one gun shop in Corvallis

"There is only one gun shop in Corvallis"... I called them just now and ask them why they don't do private party transfers... their response was they "don't believe in that stupid law" and didn't care that they were missing out on business. Purely ethical decision and I told them I respect that. They were VERY nice about it and thanked me for understanding. Class act.

Well I'm glad that's settled. I'm going to the titty bar.. hope they wanna do some private transferring (wink wink).. aka take some dollars! who's with me?

I spent nearly 20 years of my life growing up in Corvallis. I remember Les & Bob's behind the Whiteside Theater.

I lived in Corvallis from June of '56 and still called it home until Dad died in September of '75. It was a good community then. The Left has taken over and the place is a shadow of what it once was.

Corvallis High School. Graduating Class of 1973.

HEY . . . I have an idea. Complain to Brad Avakian. He'll force the shop to serve you and fine the guy a $100k or so to boot. That should satisfy a bunch of you

Sheldon

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top