JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's also much more open, in the pit area. I'd suggest making a target stand and bringing it, rather than using the rock piles like you could before. :)

I hope it doesn't get too filthy, too soon.

I'd say I've got a lot to learn to get my accuracy up. For starters, I'm not sure if my form is even correct. Do you have land that you shoot at or meet in a predetermined location Charles?

I've been to browns camp a few times over the years but I've never shot there. The one time it was open, we left after seeing a 10 year old handling a handgun as if it were a squirtgun. After he inadvertently swept us with the thing (and several others in the first few minutes) I figured it'd be best to leave. The adults with him just stood by. I guess that's what they call Darwinism.

Yeah thats why it was also nicknamed "Clowns Camp" because you would more likely than not run into a bunch of clowns.
The last few times I have been there, I just parked the car and watched the other people for any blatant idiocy. If none was noticeable then I would get out and do my thing.

It recently reopened! :)

We also have another spot up there that we go to, to get away from other people, which is where a few of the pictures were taken.

Finally..

Is 4WD required to arrive at the shooting location?
I haven't been there for a while, but you all probably remember this sign..

I'd say I've got a lot to learn to get my accuracy up. For starters, I'm not sure if my form is even correct. Do you have land that you shoot at or meet in a predetermined location Charles?

I've been to browns camp a few times over the years but I've never shot there. The one time it was open, we left after seeing a 10 year old handling a handgun as if it were a squirtgun. After he inadvertently swept us with the thing (and several others in the first few minutes) I figured it'd be best to leave. The adults with him just stood by. I guess that's what they call Darwinism.

Sounds familiar..
Keep it professional, and you will stay safe. People I shoot with will abide by the strictest safety regulations, because they won't be along for long if they can't handle that.

Yes, usually predetermined if I get a group together. Otherwise, I just bring some friends and they supply ammunition.

Yeah thats why it was also nicknamed "Clowns Camp" because you would more likely than not run into a bunch of clowns.
The last few times I have been there, I just parked the car and watched the other people for any blatant idiocy. If none was noticeable then I would get out and do my thing.

Unfortunately, you're right...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR