JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's also much more open, in the pit area. I'd suggest making a target stand and bringing it, rather than using the rock piles like you could before. :)

I hope it doesn't get too filthy, too soon.

I'd say I've got a lot to learn to get my accuracy up. For starters, I'm not sure if my form is even correct. Do you have land that you shoot at or meet in a predetermined location Charles?

I've been to browns camp a few times over the years but I've never shot there. The one time it was open, we left after seeing a 10 year old handling a handgun as if it were a squirtgun. After he inadvertently swept us with the thing (and several others in the first few minutes) I figured it'd be best to leave. The adults with him just stood by. I guess that's what they call Darwinism.

Yeah thats why it was also nicknamed "Clowns Camp" because you would more likely than not run into a bunch of clowns.
The last few times I have been there, I just parked the car and watched the other people for any blatant idiocy. If none was noticeable then I would get out and do my thing.

It recently reopened! :)

We also have another spot up there that we go to, to get away from other people, which is where a few of the pictures were taken.

Finally..

Is 4WD required to arrive at the shooting location?
I haven't been there for a while, but you all probably remember this sign..

I'd say I've got a lot to learn to get my accuracy up. For starters, I'm not sure if my form is even correct. Do you have land that you shoot at or meet in a predetermined location Charles?

I've been to browns camp a few times over the years but I've never shot there. The one time it was open, we left after seeing a 10 year old handling a handgun as if it were a squirtgun. After he inadvertently swept us with the thing (and several others in the first few minutes) I figured it'd be best to leave. The adults with him just stood by. I guess that's what they call Darwinism.

Sounds familiar..
Keep it professional, and you will stay safe. People I shoot with will abide by the strictest safety regulations, because they won't be along for long if they can't handle that.

Yes, usually predetermined if I get a group together. Otherwise, I just bring some friends and they supply ammunition.

Yeah thats why it was also nicknamed "Clowns Camp" because you would more likely than not run into a bunch of clowns.
The last few times I have been there, I just parked the car and watched the other people for any blatant idiocy. If none was noticeable then I would get out and do my thing.

Unfortunately, you're right...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads