JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow, what a distance to shoot for first timers! Good for them, all schools should have an introduction to firearms/safety. My first time was at a two week Boy Scout summer camp in about 1969.

It's hard to believe that they (The powers that be), allow such a thing in a state that went so gung ho for "Common Sense Gun Laws" after the theater shooting.

The targets are @25m (82'). Then we use scaled targets to emulate a 20" target @100, 200, 300 and 400 yards. Even our youngest shooters are typically on paper at that range.

If people really want firearms safety this needs to be the norm - not the exception.

The targets are @25m (82'). Then we use scaled targets to emulate a 20" target @100, 200, 300 and 400 yards. Even our youngest shooters are typically on paper at that range.

If people really want firearms safety this needs to be the norm - not the exception.
This is real common sense, but getting the blathering Bliss Ninnies to see it is a daunting task.

Back in the 60's many California high schools had a shooting range in the school. It went along with the Junior ROTC program the high schools had back in the day. A lot has changed. I remember K rations had a small box of cigarettes in them also. Yup a lot has changed.

I got to shoot a single shot .22 rifle when I was attending summer school back in 1975 in San Jose, California. We sat in a classroom and learned basic firearm safety. Afterwards, each student in the class were each given an unloaded rifle and we rode in a school bus over to the national guard armory that had an indoor shooting range in it.

The instructor controlled the ammo and we were given 10 rounds each. After we shot 10 rounds the instructor would walk down the line to be sure the bolts were open and no one was touching the rifles. We would change targets and then we were given another 10 rounds.

Times have really changed.

Last Edited:
This is great! Lucky kids! My mom shot in her grade school class and the schools shooting club (1930's). She went on to become a champion small bore shot and helped teach me, starting at four years old, so that launched two shooters over a span of 80+ years! Wish every kid had this opportunity!

BTW, take a kid shooting!

The gun prohibitionists may have stepped in something they will find they don't like. They use terms like 'gun safety legislation' and fail to realize what the words actually mean. They want to think they mean more gun restrictions, but stories like the recent one in Colorado and those of Tony and Sgt are real firearm safety. Keep pressing what safe firearm practices are and what they entail and perhaps we can get back on track.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top