JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Replaces my sights on my 1911 commander with new Trijicon night sights (Mfr Part: CA10). Went out shooting today, fist time with the new sights installed. At 10 yards my grouping is dead centered directly below the bullseye about 5" low. I was able to improve my grouping to about 2" low at my best attempt with a very slow and deliberate aim and sqeeze. Also tried a couple mags out at 25 yards and still low, wider group. Shooting what I think is a Weaver Stance.

Its been a while since I've been into shooting, but I've owned the gun for years and with stock sights never had a problem. Looking forward to getting back into regular target shooting and thought I would start out with new night sights, always wanted some on my pistol. I really do not like the idea of going back to old plain factory sights.

Any tips tricks are greatly appreciated.

Well since you just changed sights I would start there. If no checkout the correction chart.

Here is one example, google has many.

Untitled.jpg

Well since you just changed sights I would start there. If no checkout the correction chart.
if its the front sight how could I tell if it was installed too high. It looks seated to me.

I looked at the correction chart, how can I prevent dipping the wrist down? I'm not confident this is the problem though because I've never shot low before...

if its the front sight how could I tell if it was installed too high. It looks seated to me.

I looked at the correction chart, how can I prevent dipping the wrist down? I'm not confident this is the problem though because I've never shot low before...

Is the new sight taller then the old one? Did it come with instructions or have them posted on the website for how to install and "adjust" if needed? If you are shooting low your front sight is too high or your rear too low and it was shooting proper before the change. Again I would look at the front sight as the problem because it was the part changed. If you have an adjustable rear sight you can raise it.

Here are several topics on adjusting fixed sights, https://www.google.com/search?clien...o+adjust+fixed+sight+pistol&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Is the new sight taller then the old one? Did it come with instructions or have them posted on the website for how to install and "adjust" if needed?
The new sight is .012" shorter than the rear sight. It did not come with instructions and I have not found anything on their website for adjusting etc.

What I am looking into now is if the new sight is seated flush and swedged in place proper. The base of the (front) sight has a flange that sits flat on the slide. The edges of the sight are deburred (very slight radius) so at first glance it looks flush but I think I can see light when held up to a lamp. It helps that the pistol is an enhanced Colt (flat top slide).

First off, shoot if off the bench.. to see if it's regulated. What cartridge and bullet weight are you shooting? A heavier slug will raise the point of impact. Either that or change the front sight or hit it with a file.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top