JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$600/month. Cute. It's gone just a weeee bit higher than that. For a brand new truck, you're looking a lot closer to $1k/month. I mean, unless you're a square and want a base model 2wd single cab with the small engine...
Big OOF there. New car people are nuts.

New gun people, on the other hand, they are totally sane.

$600/month. Cute. It's gone just a weeee bit higher than that. For a brand new truck, you're looking a lot closer to $1k/month. I mean, unless you're a square and want a base model 2wd single cab with the small engine...
And if bank owned another $1K/mo for insurance.

Hey man, some people are really into that. Don't judge.
WHO is into this???
1706491239541.png

Oh fore sure. Or you can look at my gun collection for another example who "who cares about the money, I like it!" My comment was strictly against the "New cars can be more cost effective than old ones." No, they really can't be. There may be other reasons that you want a new car, but "a new car can help me get out of my financial troubles" is not one of them. I don't really get those other reasons personally, but if you like yourself a $600+ monthly bill for the latest truck with all the bells and whistles, as long as you can afford it you do you, no judgement from me.
For someone who claims " no judgement from me" you sure seem to be making very judgemental statements. My bought new truck now is about half way though it's 100,000 mile power train warranty. I'm retired and 67 years old so expect this truck to be the last I'll ever need for the rest of my life. I paid for it while I was working with that thought in mind. I've got other things I'd rather to do besides wrenching on cars. To be fair though I've thought of getting a project car with the goal of fixing it up and letting my wife drive it in parades in the summer time. Right now however I'm busy running my ammunition company and shooting my guns so have no time for projects.

Oh fore sure. Or you can look at my gun collection for another example who "who cares about the money, I like it!" My comment was strictly against the "New cars can be more cost effective than old ones." No, they really can't be. There may be other reasons that you want a new car, but "a new car can help me get out of my financial troubles" is not one of them. I don't really get those other reasons personally, but if you like yourself a $600+ monthly bill for the latest truck with all the bells and whistles, as long as you can afford it you do you, no judgement from me.
Not everybody is in the same financial boat as you.
These are numbers from 2021
Top 10% $167,639
Top 5% $335,891
Top 1% $819,324
Top 0.1% $3.312M

For someone who claims " no judgement from me" you sure seem to be making very judgemental statements. My bought new truck now is about half way though it's 100,000 mile power train warranty. I'm retired and 67 years old so expect this truck to be the last I'll ever need for the rest of my life. I paid for it while I was working with that thought in mind. I've got other things I'd rather to do besides wrenching on cars. To be fair though I've thought of getting a project car with the goal of fixing it up and letting my wife drive it in parades in the summer time. Right now however I'm busy running my ammunition company and shooting my guns so have no time for projects.
literally the only thing I have taken issue with is the claim that a new car can be more cost effective than a used one. That is just math; who spends more money over all? If paying more over all for a power train warranty is worth it to you than paying more at one time for a tranny job when needed, that is your choice to make, and I am not questioning your reason for making it. I don't get it, but still your choice with your reasons and I assume it makes sense for you.

As for me a car is a tool, and one I do not put a lot of vanity into. If it works, is capable and comfortable then I really do not care how much other people like it. I just really do not get how cars did become such a vanity item in our culture, to the point where decent long term maintenance on them is considered unusual. Even to the point where long term maintenance is considered to be losing money, as if KBB resale value is the only kind of value there is.

literally the only thing I have taken issue with is the claim that a new car can be more cost effective than a used one. That is just math; who spends more money over all? If paying more over all for a power train warranty is worth it to you than paying more at one time for a tranny job when needed, that is your choice to make, and I am not questioning your reason for making it. I don't get it, but still your choice with your reasons and I assume it makes sense for you.

As for me a car is a tool, and one I do not put a lot of vanity into. If it works, is capable and comfortable then I really do not care how much other people like it. I just really do not get how cars did become such a vanity item in our culture, to the point where decent long term maintenance on them is considered unusual. Even to the point where long term maintenance is considered to be losing money, as if KBB resale value is the only kind of value there is.
hq720-2.jpg maxresdefault-13.jpg 335_2022_005.jpg

My old Toyota doesn't owe me a dime. Other than the usual gas, oil, and tires, I don't think I've spent even $1k on it for maintenance, in the 23 years I've been driving it.
Bought a 1993 Toyota pickup (SR5 4WD) in June 1993. Still serves me well 30+ years later, ~160k miles. Unfortunately, the horn no longer works. Gonna have to fix that ... maybe.

New gun people, on the other hand, they are totally sane.
He!! YES.

Good thing my post is spot on with this Eugene topic thing... :rolleyes:

So back to the threads original topic here.. KEZI has an article on it. as well Lane CO Sheriffs have it reported on their map
All the Karen's on nextdoor app are clutching their pearls too. Great fun to read that rag once in a while

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top