JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
EPD dispatch has the even listed (at least I presume it is the right event); Event number 24026611

you can look up dispatch events here
but they are on a 2 hour delay.

Interestingly there are three "shots fired" incidents from the day before as well (the 26th), 2 from the 25th, one each on the 23rd, 22nd, 21st and 20th. . . They seem to be fairly common. A good chunk of them are "unable to locate" so they are probably just reports, so they could be backfires, firecrackers or other loud noises that get called in. I doubt most of them have corresponding bullet holes that can be pointed to. This is one to keep an eye on.

Nice two Mercedes but they live in a double wide lol priorities you have to love it ! Besides that was a Ford that went by they always sound like that just saying .
It's comical but I see it every day. I work side by side with guys that are making almost 60 an hour and complain about how they have no money and are broke. They buy breakfast and lunch everyday and drive big diesel trucks with payments that are almost double my mortgage.

It's weird how flashy items attract the poor. I am doing well for myself and i drive a 98 ram. Wife drives a 4runner that's going to be paid off this year. Yet we make enough money we could be driving real nice rigs. Trust me I want a new king ranch f250 and i can afford it too. But I don't buy it.

I have buddies that make 1/2 of what I make who have huge payments on trucks they can't afford.

My manual ram grandpa truck does just fine.

It's comical but I see it every day. I work side by side with guys that are making almost 60 an hour and complain about how they have no money and are broke. They buy breakfast and lunch everyday and drive big diesel trucks with payments that are almost double my mortgage.

It's weird how flashy items attract the poor. I am doing well for myself and i drive a 98 ram. Wife drives a 4runner that's going to be paid off this year. Yet we make enough money we could be driving real nice rigs. Trust me I want a new king ranch f250 and i can afford it too. But I don't buy it.

I have buddies that make 1/2 of what I make who have huge payments on trucks they can't afford.

I never understood the draw to buy new cars at new car prices. I am happy with a 20 year old rig as long as it runs right. I put in a bit of cash to keep it tha way, and I am well aware that I will never get my money back out at KBB prices. But I don't want to get my money back, I want a nice, reliable car that I do not put huge amounts of monthly money into. When I need to get money out of it it will be as scrap, and that will be after I have put so many new parts into it I probably could have built two. And even then I will still have put far far less money into it than someone who bought a new equivalent vehicle.

Example? I have a '98 Honda that is on its second engine and third round of suspension bits. I got the car for 4k 15 years ago. The engine replacement was 3k (used engine from Japan), there is probably another 5 or 6k in engine maintenance and a similar amount in stuff like the suspension and other incidentals. Call it an even 20k over that 15 years, and the car is still going strong. I am never getting anywhere close to 20k out of it, but I also did not pay 40-100k for a nice and reliable vehicle either. I just put the necessary work into a used car I got "at the end of it's life" (but only because no one else saw the sense to put in the money needed to keep it going). When you stop seeing vehicles as a luxury status symbol and rather see them as a tool that needs to be maintained it gets far cheaper to own and operate them over the long term.

right now I am trying to find someone who is wiling to do a refresh on the seats and trim. This vehicle has had a hard life and if I can re-upholster it a bit I can have a really nice car again for a fraction of the cost of a straight up replacement. Problem is this is such a rare thing to have happen that I cannot find anyone wiling to do it, even for a few grand. I have no idea how we got to see vehicles as damn near disposable in our society, it really does boggle the mind.

I never understood the draw to buy new cars at new car prices. I am happy with a 20 year old rig as long as it runs right. I put in a bit of cash to keep it tha way, and I am well aware that I will never get my money back out at KBB prices. But I don't want to get my money back, I want a nice, reliable car that I do not put huge amounts of monthly money into. When I need to get money out of it it will be as scrap, and that will be after I have put so many new parts into it I probably could have built two. And even then I will still have put far far less money into it than someone who bought a new equivalent vehicle.

Example? I have a '98 Honda that is on its second engine and third round of suspension bits. I got the car for 4k 15 years ago. The engine replacement was 3k (used engine from Japan), there is probably another 5 or 6k in engine maintenance and a similar amount in stuff like the suspension and other incidentals. Call it an even 20k over that 15 years, and the car is still going strong. I am never getting anywhere close to 20k out of it, but I also did not pay 40-100k for a nice and reliable vehicle either. I just put the necessary work into a used car I got "at the end of it's life" (but only because no one else saw the sense to put in the money needed to keep it going). When you stop seeing vehicles as a luxury status symbol and rather see them as a tool that needs to be maintained it gets far cheaper to own and operate them over the long term.

right now I am trying to find someone who is wiling to do a refresh on the seats and trim. This vehicle has had a hard life and if I can re-upholster it a bit I can have a really nice car again for a fraction of the cost of a straight up replacement. Problem is this is such a rare thing to have happen that I cannot find anyone wiling to do it, even for a few grand. I have no idea how we got to see vehicles as damn near disposable in our society, it really does boggle the mind.
Have you watched Craigslist for replacement seats?
Edit to add - talk about a thread drift.
Back on topic, woulda been nice to see the punks run over

Last Edited:
$60/hr is approximately $120k/yr. At that income, your taxes are a real thing. Throw in a big mortgage, car payments, student loan payments and you'd be surprised at how quickly it dries up. But lunch everyday is $15*5*4=$200/mo.

Another thing to consider, used Euro cars loose their value very quickly, ie those cars could have very well been under $10k each.

But do they go out to buy coffee every morning?

I don't make anywhere near $60/hr and I'm able to afford my mortgage, buy cool guns and gun accessories and keep my fridge full. I largely attribute that to my used 30 year old cars that cost me nothing but fuel and maintenance to operate. That and no kids.

Oh and I also don't get a Starbux every single morning. Keeps me from getting shot?

default-user=s40-p.png

Lane Co. Sheriff's Office <[email protected]>

7:51 AM (23 minutes ago)

to me

1/27/24 -- LCSO CASE #24-0423 -- SHOOTING IN N. PARK AVENUE AREA (PHOTO)

News Release from Lane Co. Sheriff's Office
Posted on FlashAlert: January 28th, 2024 7:50 AM

Downloadable file: Crime_Scene_Logo.jpg
1/27/24 – LCSO Case #24-0423 – Shooting in N. Park Avenue Area
On Saturday morning around 7 AM, two young males opened fire with handguns at a passerby in a vehicle who asked them to move out of the roadway in the area of Nantucket Avenue and N. Park Avenue. The vehicle was struck multiple times, and the driver was nearly struck as well. The incident was captured on video by an area resident, which was later shared to Facebook and widely circulated.
Deputies identified a suspect and set up surveillance at a nearby residence in the 1300 block of Keller Street while applying for a search warrant. Once the search warrant was granted, the Lane County Sheriff's Special Response Team served the warrant. Evidence was located that quickly led to the arrest of one suspect, and identification of the second suspect. The arrested suspect, a juvenile, was transported to the Lane County Youth Services detention facility on charges of Attempted Assault 1 and Unlawful Use of a Weapon, both felonies. Detectives are actively working to locate and arrest the second suspect.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact the Lane County Sheriff's Office at 541-682-4150, option 1. Additionally, the Lane County Sheriff's Office is requesting citizens who live in the area to review home security video during the time frame of 6:30 AM and 7:30 AM, looking for two males matching the following descriptions: one white male wearing a dark hoodie, light pants, white shoes, and a light-colored backpack; and one white male wearing a dark hoodie, brown pants, and dark shoes.

Glad they caught them, or at least one so far. I know the area, used to live not very far from there. It's amazing to me how some people will throw their lives away over something so slight as a perceived insult. Absolutely crazy.

As to income and buying power, a six-figure income isn't what it used to be. It used to signify upper-middle-class, and now it might be just getting by.

I live in a regular old house in a regular neighborhood, and if we hadn't bought it a decade ago, there's no way I could afford it now. We would be living in a trailer park. If I was single, or at least no kids, I'd be rolling in money. If my wife had continued her career, or at least not had so many health issues and medical bills, we'd be doing fine. We are where we are though, and it is what it is. I wouldn't trade my family for the world.

$60/hr is approximately $120k/yr. At that income, your taxes are a real thing. Throw in a big mortgage, car payments, student loan payments and you'd be surprised at how quickly it dries up. But lunch everyday is $15*5*4=$200/mo.
Anyone who makes 6 figures and complains about being broke is a "rich poor person", IE someone who hasnt learned to live within their means. EG at 6 figures theres no reason for having a car payment.

I think about this every time I see someone hauling a waterski boat, in Oregon.

Anyone who makes 6 figures and complains about being broke is a "rich poor person", IE someone who hasnt learned to live within their means. EG at 6 figures theres no reason for having a car payment.

I think about this every time I see someone hauling a waterski boat, in Oregon.
There's no reason to have a car payment at any income level. Just because someone doesn't want to drive the family hand me down $500 beater that's 3 colors doesn't mean that's not what they SHOULD be driving. Car payments are a wealth killer and it's all suicide.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top