JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like to come to the forum and look at what's going on in the NW, via the New Posts function, but what I find is page after page of WTB, WTS, WTT, etc., and very little else. While the forum is what its membership makes of it, I find myself stopping by less and less often, as scrolling through a dozen pages of want ads isn't how I want to spend my time, and visiting each non-buy/sell forum individually is also not very cost/benefit effective. Does anyone have any tips for how get news, reviews, Q&A, events, etc., and skip the want ads?

Best way to change that is exactly what you're doing right now, well, not being bummed about the sales but participating in general. I know I probably seem hypocritical piping in with only a couple posts under my belt but it kinda proves my point, discussion is addictive, you see a conversation you wanna dive in. Sales are a good draw, (heh, gun pun) and it leaves a lot more regulars for when you want people to trade messages with.

Just my 2 cents.

maybe it's just me, but it seems to me like the WTT, WTS, and such are only found in the classifieds - which is where you'd expect to find them

the other posts are in the other sections - where they ought to be

maybe it's just me, but it seems to me like the WTT, WTS, and such are only found in the classifieds - which is where you'd expect to find them

the other posts are in the other sections - where they ought to be

Um... you didn't read the OP. He said that when he clicks on the "New Post" tab, he see a bunch of WTT WTS and WTB. And that is because the majority of the new posts are for that reason. He is looking for a way to filter it so he just sees the chit chat and news.

I like to come to the forum and look at what's going on in the NW, via the New Posts function, but what I find is page after page of WTB, WTS, WTT, etc., and very little else. While the forum is what its membership makes of it, I find myself stopping by less and less often, as scrolling through a dozen pages of want ads isn't how I want to spend my time, and visiting each non-buy/sell forum individually is also not very cost/benefit effective. Does anyone have any tips for how get news, reviews, Q&A, events, etc., and skip the want ads?
+1... its become joeyslist

Um... you didn't read the OP. He said that when he clicks on the "New Post" tab, he see a bunch of WTT WTS and WTB. And that is because the majority of the new posts are for that reason. He is looking for a way to filter it so he just sees the chit chat and news.

actually, I just didn't read it well enough

and I've never used the new post tab, so that part skipped right over my head

I see what he's saying

I guess if someone comes up with a "new post - not classified" versus a "new post - classified" tab, that would help him out

Perhaps if you tried a different approach to finding what escapes you, say looking elsewhere on the site. There is lots of topics, subjects just waiting to be explored. Just my 2 cents, nothing more...:D

Dont read the classified's.........PERIOD....... there's plenty of other things going on. I personally think this is an outstanding fourum, with plenty going on without reading the want adds.. plus how whould you even know about the wtt/wts adds unless you were looking at them?

I never use the new post section, I usually just start from the mainpage, as everything is laid out for you to choose from. Thats what I would reccomend to you. If your not so interested in seeing all the want ads, you dont have to scroll down to that part of the mainpage. Just stick around the top section where all the discussion takes place, and you'll find that there are usually a couple if not more active, interesting threads to read and dive into.

One of the things I have noticed, and it's been mentioned in other threads, is that the weather and school have a lot to do with who is online and what they are talking about. When the weather is nasty and cold outside, folks look for alternative ways to stay entertained, ie, NWFA and other forums. When the weather improves and there is more to do, then we spend less time at our computers and the ratio of WTS/WTT adds increases as there are less and less new topics to discuss.

Also, as more topics come up, less people are starting new ones because so much ground has already been covered and a lot of individuals have put their .02 in already and sometimes, but not often, discussions do not actually need to be re-hashed over and over. That is a rarity for online forums, though...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top