JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What a great weekend, got to go to Sea Side on Saturday on the way to Astoria for sturgeon fishing with my girls on Sunday, got back Sunday night, called in sick on Monday and then went shooting and had the range all to myself. This evening cooked up the sturgeon with hushpuppies, baked beans and my good friend Henry Wienhardt dropped by for a few.

So as I'm cleaning the pistol (prior to Henrys stopping by) I am actuating the safety with the slide removed and apparently you can rotate the safety too high.

Well.... behind the safety lever is a little tiny thing called a "safety detent Plunger" and behind that is a spring.

Back in science class I learned a lesson on kinetic energy and potential energy, well those physics are alive and well.

So imaging to my surprise; I don't know where the "safety detent plunger" is, number 29 in the Sig Sauer hand book in case you were wondering.

So I thought OK I will I will e-mail Sig Sauer and ask for a number 29. To my surprise they do not have an e-mail address that I can find on their web site, and then...... they don't have an 800 number. What's up with that?. OH well just thought you all would enjoy the story.

By the way I love the 938 hope to make it my carry after a couple more hundred rounds and replace the safety detent plunger.

I was also shooting my Springfield EMP both shoot great, but I have not found anything that shoots better than my EMP.:s0155:

the 938, ill tell you about my 938. light primer strikes. sent it in twice and came back the same. Oh sure it fires their ammo just fine so they say, but every time ive sent mine in ive included a handful of cases where the primer barely looks tapped, no nice crater, no dent, just a love tap. When i bought it the shop said it eats everything you feed it. The first time back to the factory thats what the rep said as well. the second time back to the factory the rep says it likes 124g ammo. Im just fed up with it. Its a fairly new one as well, well past the serial numbers where they admitted to having this same problem. Ill never carry it. cant depend on it. Cant sell it cause i dont want to pass the problem along to an unsuspecting buyer. I just hosed.

Before you fall in love with it make sure to pick up some spent cases and examine them. Ive had so many ftf I cant even count. Factory ammo too, not handloads. So pissed at Sig. Doesnt seem to make any difference how many cases i send them of federal, remington, pmc or S&B to examine. As long as it shoots their ammo they tell me theres no problem. I have no idea what they use, its all in spanish. Aquillo or something like that.

wow sorry to hear that. I did get ahold of Sig today and they said they will send me the new part no charge. So I am pleased about that. Hope it works out better for you.

I'll work on those pics for you explorerimports.

Got a 938 at a gun show last November. It's a great pistol and has been perfect, no boo-boos of any sort. But, I have had a little problem with the guide rod coming loose. I carefully cleaned it and then put it back together with red loctite - problem solved.

the 938, ill tell you about my 938. light primer strikes. sent it in twice and came back the same. .

Call Sig and get a new firing pin and firing pin spring. I think that will solve your light strikes. They did have some issues with LS in the first year's batch then they changed the firing pin and firing pin spring.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top