Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shoot them in the leg!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Cougfan2, May 25, 2010.

1. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

This has to be just about the stupidest proposed law I've ever heard of.

[ Via: New York Post ]
    City cops are livid over a legislative proposal that could handcuff the brave officers involved in life-and-death confrontations every day — requiring them to shoot gun-wielding suspects in the arm or leg rather than shoot to kill, The Post has learned.
    The “minimum force” bill, which surfaced in the Assembly last week, seeks to amend the state penal codes’ “justification” clause that allows an officer the right to kill a thug if he feels his life or someone else’s is in imminent danger.
    The bill — drafted in the wake of Sean Bell’s controversial police shooting death — would force officers to use their weapons “with the intent to stop, rather than kill” a suspect. They would be mandated to “shoot a suspect in the arm or the leg.”
    . . . This could be the stupidest law ever. — G

2. snew

snew Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Whoops missed. Hit him in the chest. The department should have a bigger ammo budget for practice....

It'll never go anywhere.

3. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Somebody has been watching waaaaay to many cowboy and Indian movies.
    Um, good shot Kemo Sabe............

4. macdougall29

macdougall29 Newberg, Oregon, United States Active Member

No way! :huh: Hit em center mass and make sure they will not sue you later...:paranoid:

5. Decidion

Decidion Washington county, Oregon Member

If they are going to go this far, why not just require them to shoot the weapon out of the criminals hand? If a city mayor (Clint Eastwood) could do it, surely a peace officer can! :laugh:

6. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

that bills ridiculous,hope it doesnt happen here

7. TCOV

TCOV OLYMPIC PENINSULA Active Member

New York cops are known for shooting suspects, reloading and shooting some more. Forty shots to the arms and legs has got to ruin your day.

8. Cougfan2

You took the words right out of my mouth. Wait until the next banger or hood thug gets shot by the police for something similar to come out from the "he was just getting his life back together" gang.

9. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

retarded

LOL, i got the bubblegum stick.

10. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

"Four shots to the chest followed by a warning shot." :D

11. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

HEHE yeah! :p

12. Cougfan2

What was the name of the guy who got shot in the arms and legs by the NY cops 40 times?

Matt! :D

13. jarhead

jarhead Portland, OR New Member

Could the head be considered a limb? I'm not sure but that would be my argument. I'd just get a big enough weapon to knock limbs off one at a time. If you lived it wouldn't be easy to be a repeat offender:thumbup:

14. Cougfan2

Just use 12 Gauge buck and let them bleed out.

15. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

In a case where a firearm is to be used to stop or prevent a real threat or imminent danger of death by anyone a person should shoot to stop the danger as quickly as possible. Never to wound or scare, but to "STOP" the threat and that is the only justified time to use a firearm. ie; keyword= stop the threat before they can kill you or someone else. The threat is stopped when they are on the ground and no longer pose a danger. If they have a weapon they continue to pose a threat until they stop moving.
    Any dept that pushes a wounding policy will lose all intelligent officers to other depts. I have seen stupid, but that one takes the cake. :-\/\ Those that stay will eventually be lost to a 6 man team that carries their casket.

16. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

If it's a non lethal threat, then they shoot them with a 12ga bean bag round.

If the bad guy warrants a real bullet, the cops should always train for center body mass. Duh?

Most times you hear about a shootout, it's 50 rounds fired from 3 cop's glocks, and the bad guy was hit 9 times. They don't have time to aim for a limb, with a running, ducking, gunfight.