JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Shoot or No shoot?

• Shoot

Votes: 44 77.2%
  • Don't shoot

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Draw and get charged with illegal use of a weapon

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds like he was trying to end your life by sticking you in the neck. I would shoot him as you do not use lesser force to overcome greater force. Like the saying goes " You do not take a knife to a gunfight."

Last Edited:
A couple years ago a CHL holder in SW Portland shot and killed a dog that was threatening his dog and it was ruled justified. If this guy came at you with a metal object and you did everything you could to avoid the situation and still had to use lethal force, I'm no legal expert, but I would suspect you would be ok.

Venable was lodged at the Multnomah County Jail and is facing three counts of harassment.

Lodged? Lmao. I guess "arrested and charged with assault" isnt pc enough

Soun like he was trying to end your life by sticking you in the neck. I would shoot him as you do not use lesser force to overcome greater force. Like the saying goes " You do not take a knife to a gunfight."
But, your gal is dressed in red....
Beat the snot out of him with a sock with two rolls of quarters... Period...

It's portland so one cannot reasonably defend themselves with a firearm and not end up in the county jail...

Two roles of quarters is what my Dad carried in his pocket when he took me to San Francisco in 1978!!!!!
I won't take anything or one their now............

In given set of circumstances almost anything can be or appear to be life threatening.
For example if one is disabled or elderly ...a unarmed person approaching quickly and aggressively can be seen as life threatening.

In my way of thinking if you have done everything that you could to avoid the threat , then if you are left with no other options , lethal force can be called for.

The trick to that is getting 12 other people to agree to line of thought.
The old adage of "Better to judged by 12 , than carried by 6"...if full of danger.
Many if not most of those 12 may not think like you do...not to forget to mention that people can at times , just mess up the works and in normal life , this is usually just a minor annoyance...but in a trial....it can be life altering.
Andy

If I perceive my life to be in immediate danger, I'll take whatever step(s) necessary to defend my life. I think stabbing someone in the neck would qualify, really for anyone, as a life-threatening attack. I hope to never have to shoot someone in self defense, but I carry so I can defend my life, or the life of my family, if the situation calls for it. Avoiding incidents like this is always first choice. Sometimes though, it simply can't be avoided.

Go ahead. Pull a knife.
You can explain what happened next to the Doctors. :D

rectumXrays_knife.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR