JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a every day shoe that has a replaceable sole. I seem to spend $150 on shoes every 12 months for a quality pair if hiker type shoes (Lowa, Vasque... ect). I always wear the sole out well before anything else. (Even the vibram).
I work in an office setting (though jeans are the norm), so nothing to fancy. If I found a shoe that would last 3-4 years, but just have the sole replaced 2-3 times that would be great.

I like Arrow Moccasins.
I wear their double sole lace boot model as an every day shoe.
They run about $190 and you can send 'em to be resoled.
I usually have to have mine resoled about every 3 years.
Andy

Birkenstock's, never leave home without them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0YPEY_NsPkaYSeCt1UWVLVc2vGz8rrHO8GDtq-Kg1VE38msHs.jpg

Redwing Irish setters. I've had my pair for 3 years now (replaced the soles once so far) and they are still going strong, even with daily heavy use. And they are insanely comfy after being broken in.

I do the same. I work on my feet usually and put in some miles every day. I go through a pair of shoes every 3-5months.
I buy nikes but only at the employee store.
I get in once a year or so and buy a few pairs of shoes.
I buy cheaper shoes and use insoles for comfort.

Keens because I have a wide foot and they accomodate that.

Last pair I bought were laced like tennis shoes and looked like dress shoes - plain black.

For the price I just buy new ones every few years as needed.

I heard keen are major libs and are taking our outdoor freedoms away. According to my brother. Not sure.

Red wing are great. Burkenstock rock. And I ain't no hippy. Look at Kennatrek. I'm a shoe guy. And coats.

It is possible they are. Where my feets comfort is concerned I stay out of politics:D.

Some of danners are able to have the soles replaced and some do not so be aware of which your getting when you do.

If you find a set of shoes that are worthy of repair you should find a good shoe smith. I know there is a popular one in downtown Hillsboro. I'd be curious how much it would be to replace the sole vs the whole boot.

Danners for the win. Super comfortable, high quality.
Made here in Oregon (well, most are anyway), and you can find some nicely-discounted pairs at their factory store on Airport Way, just east of the PDX airport.
Not only can they be re-soled (again, most of them), but they do the work right there, behind a glass wall so you can observe.
Cool place too.

I have a pair of 9" brown leather carhart boots I love. They won't fix them but it's just leather so I figure I'll find a shoe smith when it's time.

6 years, lots of work and walking and they are still going strong. They are comfortable like well worn jeans but heavy as sin.:D

Was at the Danner outlet first but the only all leather boots they had had a red hue to them I didn't like or they had camo gortex sides and that wasn't something I wanted at the time either.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I know it may not be a major, or even minor, cost saver, but I just don't like replacing things that are only 1/3 or 1/2 worn out. And I always wear out the sole in less than a year, and everything else is pretty new looking.
To me it is like buying a new truck only to avoid buying new tires. I know it doesn't totally compare. To quote what I hear every day on the Robbins & Markley show intro, "I may be an idiot but there is one thing I am sure of, and that sir, is that I am no idiot." (Not sure where it originated, but it makes me laugh every day.)

Not sure about dannet shoes, but there boots blow!

How so? In fit or longevity ? If its fit you need to find the right "Last" and width for them they may be the most comfortable boot/shoe ever get. However if you get the the wrong last and width they will be the most miserable boot ever.

As far as ware . I know I have heard some hard core construction guys and they can go through them pretty fast. but for what the op is asking for they should last years, Mine have. I have a one pair of Danner boots that are 9 years old acadias I wore them winter spring and fall and shoes during the summer for 3 years before getting another pair of boots waring the new ones when I needed them to look nice and the other ones for playing in the mud. I now Have a dressier Danner shoe a couple pairs of Danner hunting boots (they only get worn for hunting) and a pair of Danner hikers and a new pair of black all around usage boots. and I still on occasion ware the 9 year old ones they are leakers and look old but the leather is still holding up the soles are a worn.

Because I have this many now these will probably last me for the next 20 years.

A lot of their shoes and boots can be recrafted not all just check before ordering. The best way to make sure you get the right fit is to work with a customer service rep get the right fit. If it don't feel comfortable at the store try another LAST And another WIDTH until you get the right one and remember that size and fit for the next time you need them.

Danner boots wear out way to fast. They are not comfortable. Unless they make custom boots maybe. Oregon guys seem to love them cause well there from Oregon. Try kennetrek. Lowa. Zamberlain. Mendels. Way way better quality.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top