JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, weather delays for us on several shipments coming from various parts of the country. Interesting though that USPS got to us every single day of the snow/ice event, no other shippers did.

On another note, we're 2 weeks out with no garbage service now, we're forced to leave bags on the side of the road since our can was filled a week ago. Hopefully they'll show up today, it's getting to look pretty trashy in our area - and that's saying something considering my next-door neighbors :rolleyes:

I have a brand stinking new CZ scorpion evo carbine has been sitting in Hermiston since the 18th and the roads have all been open since the 18th now it has been updated to be delivered on Monday the 23rd , How could it take over 5 full days to drive 200 miles on good roads, Oregon opened I-84 to everyone on the 18th .
P'S Great Grandaughter's B-day present is out there to . bum deal all the way around

I drove from Seattle to Twin Falls over Wednesday/Thursday. Had to drive 1200 miles to get 700 to get around all the closed passes. Saw half a dozen semi wrecks and hundreds stopped at road closures. Not surprised at all that my package is stuck in Troutdale (according to tracking)

I ordered from PSA just after the new year, the order was split up by PSA because I ordered a stripped upper. I got the first half of the order a day after the delivery date because of the weather, the other half of the order sat in Tigard for an extra day, and was delivered the following day the 18th. Kills me the first package had plenty of room for the upper... the upper was in a thin box(think thick paper) in a thin bubblewrap envelope (the tiny bubble bubblewrap) the upper is beat to crap, has that battleworn look at no extra charge. PSA is doing insane amounts of business but corners are definitely starting to get cut.

is anybody else having problems getting packages delivered to them? From maybe the snow and crappy weather ....I have two packages from separate sources just basically stop moving days ago and no updates or info... Gettin lil worried.... Am i alone?:(
I am a UPS driver.
The recent snowstorms have caused catastrophic backups and delays.
We had trailers full of volume stuck on freeways for days.
The volume that did make it to our buildings got sent out, only to be brought back at night due to impossible roads.
That same volume got loaded again the following day on top of new volume.
It is like water piling up behind a dam, or running into a sink with a clogged drain.
We are catching up, but still wont be back to normal until Monday or Tuesday. I have been working 12-14 hours a day.
We are doing our best.

Last Edited:
Yep, weather delays for us on several shipments coming from various parts of the country. Interesting though that USPS got to us every single day of the snow/ice event, no other shippers did.

On another note, we're 2 weeks out with no garbage service now, we're forced to leave bags on the side of the road since our can was filled a week ago. Hopefully they'll show up today, it's getting to look pretty trashy in our area - and that's saying something considering my next-door neighbors :rolleyes:
USPS only has to get to the mailbox. And they have 4x4 Jeeps. UPS/FedEx cant leave anything in mailboxes, we have to make it up the driveway and to the porch. Without 4-wheel drive. Big difference.

I have a brand stinking new CZ scorpion evo carbine has been sitting in Hermiston since the 18th and the roads have all been open since the 18th now it has been updated to be delivered on Monday the 23rd , How could it take over 5 full days to drive 200 miles on good roads, Oregon opened I-84 to everyone on the 18th .
P'S Great Grandaughter's B-day present is out there to . bum deal all the way around
If its UPS, its probably because it has 5 days worth of backlogged volume in line ahead of it.
Its a simple problem of geometry. The number of cubic feet of backed up, undelivered volume far exceeds the number of cubic feet available in our delivery trucks. You simply cannot get 10 gallons of poop into a 5 gallon bucket. The backed up volume has to be let into the system at a manageable rate. If you have water backed up behind a dam, and you simply blow a hole in the dam, you get a catastrophic flood. Which is the reason for flood gates, to control the flow.

Last Edited:
We have nothing but problems and excuses from UPS , It's funny FedEx has made delivery's the post office has during this same time frame but not ups .
But Now we here why thanks this clears it completely up for me

For what its worth...UPS is working today (Saturday) to try and catch up. Those drivers who have DOT hours available are out delivering. Most of us are at home though; DOT regulations require a mandatory 34 hours off after working 60 hours in one week.

I understand all the 11hrs drive with a mandatory 30 min break no more than 8hhrs on duty bla bla 13.5 hrs day for a total of 70 hours a week unless you drive for ups then it's 60 hrs a week .
regardless they have an extra board .the guys you call scabs that are happy to pull your trlr's
anyway I'm sure you work hard I don't want to start a pi ssing match with you just making a statement

I understand all the 11hrs drive with a mandatory 30 min break no more than 8hhrs on duty bla bla 13.5 hrs day for a total of 70 hours a week unless you drive for ups then it's 60 hrs a week .
regardless they have an extra board .the guys you call scabs that are happy to pull your trlr's
anyway I'm sure you work hard I don't want to start a pi ssing match with you just making a statement
I have been a UPS driver for over 29 years. So I suspect that my understanding of how DOT rules and backlogged volume contribute to delays is probably a bit greater than yours. Pulling the trailers is only a part of the overall problem. So if you aren't trying to start a pi ssing match...what "statement" are you actually trying to make?

Last Edited:
USPS only has to get to the mailbox. And they have 4x4 Jeeps. UPS/FedEx cant leave anything in mailboxes, we have to make it up the driveway and to the porch. Without 4-wheel drive. Big difference.
sounds to me ups needs to step their game up and get on the level of usps:)... my mailbox is up my driveway right on my porch actually right next to where the ups guys leave my stuff and that lil ol mail lady never skipped a day.... Must be her 4x4 lol

sounds to me ups needs to step their game up and get on the level of usps:)... my mailbox is up my driveway right on my porch actually right next to where the ups guys leave my stuff and that lil ol mail lady never skipped a day.... Must be her 4x4 lol
Unfortunately, they dont make a 4-wheel drive chassis large enough to serve as a conventional UPS truck.
There are super-rural parts of the country like Montana and Alaska that use 4x4 F-350 chassis with boxes on the back. But those are high-mileage low-volume routes. The average UPS route would fill up 6 or 7 of the Jeep Wranglers that the mail carriers use.

Was it FedEx?

Despite free shipping on a purchase, I paid the merchant $20 extra to have a new boat cover delivered next day (don't even ask me how a snow shovel rip appeared in the old one). Delivery date came and went. The shipper's tracking page said there "may be delays due to political protests and inclement weather." Finally showed up 2 days late.

I got the rush shipping cost refunded by the merchant, and a 5% discount on the cover.

Last Edited:
Wife has been waiting for UPS to deliver her most important package for a week.
Last week was snow and ice.
I explained everything is backed-up and her package is sitting on a warehouse shelf.
"Look dear, the UPS site shows they tried to get it to you three times already"
"Want it now!!!"
My bad, wth is in that package?
Her package and my Blackhawk Omnivore holster arrived today.
Told her would be Monday(ish)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top