1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Sheriff's checklist

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by steve98664, May 9, 2009.

1. steve98664

steve98664 Vancouver, WA New Member

Anybody know where to get a copy of the Sheriff's form for receiving a handgun as delivered by an FFL? I know this form because I used to have to fill it out for my FFL when I received handguns transferred by him. It has a list of exclusions for receiving handguns. The FFL submits it to the Sheriff prior to giving the firearm to the buyer.

I don't have to do this since I have a carry license, but a close friend is concerned about a misdemeanor on his record and wants to review the form before trying to make a purchase. I would've thought no worries, but the misdemeanor is for discharge of a firearm in city limits, I believe.

Any info on the form would be great!

This is for the Vancouver WA area if they are different between Sheriff's offices.

Steve B
  2. POSOG

POSOG Clackamas Member

Depends on how long ago his charge was and what the conditions were causing him to discharge the firearm at the time. He will get a phone call from the Sheriffs Office (Clark County) if there are problems with this. He then could discuss the situation with the Deputy on call.