JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody know where to get a copy of the Sheriff's form for receiving a handgun as delivered by an FFL? I know this form because I used to have to fill it out for my FFL when I received handguns transferred by him. It has a list of exclusions for receiving handguns. The FFL submits it to the Sheriff prior to giving the firearm to the buyer.

I don't have to do this since I have a carry license, but a close friend is concerned about a misdemeanor on his record and wants to review the form before trying to make a purchase. I would've thought no worries, but the misdemeanor is for discharge of a firearm in city limits, I believe.

Any info on the form would be great!

This is for the Vancouver WA area if they are different between Sheriff's offices.

Steve B

Anybody know where to get a copy of the Sheriff's form for receiving a handgun as delivered by an FFL? I know this form because I used to have to fill it out for my FFL when I received handguns transferred by him. It has a list of exclusions for receiving handguns. The FFL submits it to the Sheriff prior to giving the firearm to the buyer.

I don't have to do this since I have a carry license, but a close friend is concerned about a misdemeanor on his record and wants to review the form before trying to make a purchase. I would've thought no worries, but the misdemeanor is for discharge of a firearm in city limits, I believe.

Any info on the form would be great!

This is for the Vancouver WA area if they are different between Sheriff's offices.

Steve B

Depends on how long ago his charge was and what the conditions were causing him to discharge the firearm at the time. He will get a phone call from the Sheriffs Office (Clark County) if there are problems with this. He then could discuss the situation with the Deputy on call.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top