JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
need 2 pc of ID/ cert from class/ 2 references(info on app) and bring your check book....NO DEBIT/CREDIT or cash for the osp part(the15.00 part) oh ya and try not to look like a criminal in the picture (like I did) :D

He is only going to be there from 6:30 to about 8:30-ish Saturday evening, and he's only taking the first 25 applicants.

Have your application already filled out to save time.

NY

I wish a WA sheriff would do this in Oregon... yeah, wishful thinking.

For those who don't know this, it is ridiculously easy for an Oregon resident to get a permit in WA. Just go to the Sheriff's office with $60 and your application and get it. Yes, it is that easy. There is no need for a WA sheriff to do that in OR. The difference in that in Oregon, a non-resident is not guaranteed a permit just for applying as a resident is. Both states are "shall issue" states, meaning if there is no legal reason that you cannot have a permit, one cannot be dennied to you. That all goes out the door for non-residents applying in OR, who are subject to the discretion of the issuing sheriff. That is what makes it so remarkable for sheriff Palmer to do this, since it is at his discretion to issue permits, he can issue them to whomever he wishes.

I guess I'll need to make the trip up to the couv one of these days.

The way states are starting to treat non resident permits for people who don't even reside in the state the permit was issued, I'am skipping the Utah permit.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top